would you worry about the aeroshield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the last time my car was at the dealer they took off the aeroshield (cover on bottom of car)
I have no idea why my guess is they dropped something while doing the job and it caught it. Well instead of just removing the screws and removing it from the car the ripped the of it away and ripped the holes the screws went through. ......and then they just shoved it up above where it attaches and left it atuffed up onthe radiator support... i removed the sheild since i know itll eventually fall down anyway. Would you say something to the dealer or just let it be? Seems like the ford dealers around here are a bunch of hacks.

On most all vehicles, that shield is not only for dirt protection but, is part of the engine cooling system for the bay. I would be VERY unhappy if they did this to my vehicle and they would purchase a new one and install it properly. I think if they hesitate to do this I would contact the company and file a major complaint, demanding your vehicle should be fixed. Ed

I wouldn't worry about driving the vehicle without the aero shield, but I would tell the dealer about it. Even if they do nothing about it, they might say something to the techs so it doesn't happen to someone else in the future.

One more reason not to buy a new car...the dealers wont treat it with care.It might as well had been a 74 Torino for all they seemed to care.

Sorry, I'd be more worried about the tech abusing my 9800 mile car and making it right by me right now than if he gets a scolding and may or maybe not do it in the future. Someone obviously knew that what he was doing was damaging the part and did it anyway, he should work somewhere else.

I would worry about it.

And by worry, I mean service manager > service director > general manager > dealer principal > Ford

If a car manufacturer puts something on a vehicle it might be there for a good reason. I'd side with the original configuration no matter what the dealer might claim even if the dealer tells you they know better.

The under tray on a Prius was re-installed incorrectly and when it came loose it tore off a cable to a front wheel that had something to do with the ABS and computer aided stability and it cost $400 to fix it. At first the dealer refused to fix the tray and the cable but after Toyota was contacted the dealer had a sudden change of heart and fixed everything at their cost. They will behave better if correctly encouraged. Never back down.

Make sure that these mechanics put everything back when they service your vehicle. Accept nothing less, ever.

Yah the tray should go back. It is there for a reason. My Transit connect has one that must be dropped to change the oil. Why they couldn't have put in a rubber plug or an inspection plate is beyond me.

It appears to be ripped off? Holes in the other plastic cladding? Id take that right up with Ford corporate.

Maybe call or stop in and quietly mention the result. I dont think we can know the cause 100%. If they want to work with you, then great. If not, and you can afford to purchase another (from a different dealer if need be) then just do that and move on. No need to........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back