wiper blade prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess i am crazy but wiper blade prices kill me. The cheapest i have found for my car are 15 a piece..... what brands do you prefer and where do you find the best deals on them?

I saw some cheapies at home depot when they were trying to break into car care... again. They were like $6.87 a pair. They could be gone by now though, it's been a couple months and they're real ADD.

They have to be able to fit my car though it has the goofy pinch tabs

I tried the fancy Bosch Icons and RainX Latitude blades for awhile, but returned to using wiper inserts on the OEM blades. Even at dealer prices, the OEM inserts are about $12-15 for a pair. I've turned to just buying them from Amazon.

The OEM blades tend to work best on the Sienna and MDX. On our previous Saturns, the Bosch Icons seemed to work best.

Yeah for the goofy cars with the weird wipers it's tough. Otherwise you could probably get them cheap through your work?

second on walmart, get the best rainx ones you can afford. do not get cheap wipers.

I have the Bosch Icons. They're really expensive, but I really like them. No noise at all, no streaks at all and no skipping at all. Gonna see how long they last, hopefully at least a year and I'll be happy.

I went with Michelins at Walmart and they were a decent price compared to others. I have had the expensive beam blades and am not impressed. They worked ok but no better than the Michelins I got for about 1/3 of the price.

RockAuto for Anco blades whenever they do the mail in rebate for $15 off a pair. I buy 4 pairs to offset shipping and put them on a shelf if I don't need them now ~$8 for 8 blades after shipping and rebate, figure as long as I get 2 blades that work/last, I'm in decent shape.

I've tried various different brands, usually go with whichever one has good reviews on Amazon and a rebate going on. I've tried a lot of the "high end" wiper blades, but recently I've been using Aero frameless wiper blades. I get two blades for around $18 including shipping, they have been streak free and quiet and easily last 6 months before I change them out.

They have worked great on my Subaru, and are now all I use because of how smooth/quiet and streak free they've been.

Rock Auto, They run specials all the time it seems. This year I ordered 20 pairs at $2.49 each. They were NAPA Anco wipers. I bought 13,16,18,20, and 22 inch blades. I had to pay $8 in shipping.

I get cheap Chinese retro-fit aero blades from eBay, £2.49 in any size from 13 to 23 with free shipping.
Ive had the same blade on for just over a year and it still clears the screen and leaves no smears just how it did when it was brand new. The most important thing, which lots of people forget, is to clean your glass THOROUGHLY before you install the blade as bonded contaminants will destroy a blade in short order.

Vote with your wallet. Way too many places, especially in Canada, have outlandish markups, including 200% to 300%, on blades. Considering the products are light, small, and hardly take up any space at all, this is robbery.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
I guess i am crazy but wiper blade prices kill me. The cheapest i have found for my car are 15 a piece..... what brands do you prefer and where do you find the best deals on them?

Thirty bucks every couple of years doesn't sound so bad.
Still, you can probably find cheaper alternatives with a little searching.
Rock and Ebay are both good places to look.
I've had cheap blades and expensive ones and the only real difference between the two was the price.

Originally Posted By: Mitch
Rock Auto, They run specials all the time it seems. This year I ordered 20 pairs at $2.49 each. They were NAPA Anco wipers. I bought 13,16,18,20, and 22 inch blades. I had to pay $8 in shipping.

Couple years ago I bought some Rock Auto specials for $2-3/ea. I have enough for all my cars for 5-8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back