For the Jet Ski enthusiast. RXP-X vs FX-SVHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://youtu.be/m7McRO4ICVk

My 2014 Seadoo RXP-X vs 2014 Yamaha FX-SVHO.
The Seadoo has a 1.5 liter 3 cylinder rated at 260hp. Real world is closer to 240hp.
Yamaha no longer releases HP figures, but it's real world figure are around 252hp.
The Yamaha has a 1.8 liter 4 cylinder.

There is a lot of hype about the SVHO. It's supposed to be faster......

Last edited:
Awesome video thanks for sharing.

Curious about driver weights. Was he much heavier that would have given you that advantage? Since I have gained about 30 lbs in past 8 years my Ninja 250 no longer breaks 100 mph as easily as it used to. I am not certain if that little of weight makes that much difference but it could be that I have changed to a touring tire vs a sport tire for better longevity as well.

Originally Posted By: spk2000
Awesome video thanks for sharing.

Curious about driver weights. Was he much heavier that would have given you that advantage? Since I have gained about 30 lbs in past 8 years my Ninja 250 no longer breaks 100 mph as easily as it used to. I am not certain if that little of weight makes that much difference but it could be that I have changed to a touring tire vs a sport tire for better longevity as well.

I'm 200 lbs. The rider on the Yamaha is 250 lbs. His ski is also a little heavier, but having that extra cylinder, and 300 additional cc, he shouldn't have too many excuses. The SVHO motor which stands for Super Vortex High Output is Yamaha's biggest baddest platform, and that guy talked SO much [censored] before we raced. He was talking with another girl who had the motor one step down from him, the SHO which is Super High Output, he told her it was going to be funny when they both passed me. HAAA Got them both. Sadly the GoPro was dead when all 3 of us ran.

But yeah Yamaha is constantly bragging about how their SVHO platform destroys Seadoo. Not today.

Very nice and had to be fun too.

I recall many years ago my first car was an 82 Pontiac Bonneville with a 4.3 v6 and 4 barrel carb. My buddy had an older Chevy Nova with a 350 V8 and he always bragged on how fast it was. I was expecting to get beat but was going to have fun trying. I put him to shame badly and he thought I had a supercharger or something on my car. Then he wanted to do the same rolling start and it was about the same. Another buddy had a Chevy truck with a 350 that gave me a pretty hard run and I only beat him by about a car length. We had a mile long country stretch that we would race on in the late 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back