SuperTech Synthetic - Now Dexos 1 Approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked the GM Dexos 1 site - Supertech 5W20 and 5W30 are now Dexos 1 approved .
At like $17.46 for a 5 qrt. jug at WM - what's not to like ? ... Even if it JUST meets the Dexos 1 spec. , it still has to be an improved formulation over SN and GF5 I would believe ...Your thoughts ?
* Nothing on the jugs that indicates any specs met - except SN , GF5 and API starburst seal ...Not sure if older jugs on the shelf OR Supertech just doesn't list the specs it meets on the jug except the bare minimum requirements (stated above) .

Yea..but for a few buck more I can have QSUD 5w30 and its even HTO 6 spec'd which is hard to beat. Glad to see Supertech coming along in the ranks, but at that price point and maybe less with rebates from Menards; sticking with QSUD or PP is worth the little bit more.

Magnatec is Dexos1 approved and a $1 more on a 5 QT jug
I have both here- so we shall see
The Castrol green Jug is worth a $1 extra- very sturdy and easy to handle and reuse for oil disposal

I totally applaud mfrs offering good solid oils without the marketing and hype that you pay for in the form of higher prices…….just……..can't………do…….Walmart. I'd prob buy that stuff if it were offered somewhere else tho.

Originally Posted By: MoreCowbellAz
…….just……..can't………do…….Walmart. I'd prob buy that stuff if it were offered somewhere else tho.

OK, if you don't like seeing all the scantily-clad 300 lb women while perusing the aisles in walmart, then shop walmart.com and they'll ship.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Isn't there a Dexos II spec that GM is demanding now?

The next revision of dexos is about a year away. The trick is getting it to coincide with GF-6 I guess.

I think DEXOS 1 is for petrol, while DEXOS 2 is for diesel engines.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina

The next revision of dexos is about a year away. The trick is getting it to coincide with GF-6 I guess.

OK, Generation II Vs DEXOS 2
Got it.

…….just……..can't………do…….Walmart. I'd prob buy that stuff if it were offered somewhere else tho.

OK, if you don't like seeing all the scantily-clad 300 lb women while perusing the aisles in walmart, then shop walmart.com and they'll ship.

No way, that's the best part!

It has been on the Dexos1 approval list for a few months now, but none of the jugs at my local WM show the updated version.

I totally applaud mfrs offering good solid oils without the marketing and hype that you pay for in the form of higher prices…….just……..can't………do…….Walmart. I'd prob buy that stuff if it were offered somewhere else tho.

Napa has a sale on their house brand synthetic a few times a year. It's rebranded Synpower.

The Walmart synthetic is most likely rebottled Mag 1 synthetic, or very close to it. Or any other house brand synthetic with WNE/WPP on the bottom of the bottle.

Amazon has them at a great price. And unlike the private-label WPP synthetics, the "name brand" Mag 1 syn comes in clear bottles!!!!
happy2.gif

Here in GA. all Supertech jugs come with: "WNE" stamped on the bottm ... I believe the Warren NorthEast location .

No way, that's the best part!

LMAO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back