What are you using for weapon lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep a Streamlight TLR-2 on my Glock 21 and a Malkoff MD-2 on my AR-15 in a IWC mount. I have the urge to try some new light setups.

What are you guys running?

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Did you mean to post in firearms?

What does this have to do with cleaners and lubes? OP posted correctly.

I have a magnetic mounted Hot Shot set up I use on my Remington 308 for night hog hunting. The rifle has a 16in barrel , works great for those porkers.

I also have one on the 870 for home land security. They don't cost much and use one AA battery, can be switched to strobe . So far they have been a great light for around $50.

I do not have any light on the Glocks .

Surefire incandescent with a pressure switch on my M4. I wouldn't mind upgrading to LED, but Surefire is the way to go.

I have a couple Streamlight TLR1 lights. Both a couple years old and the newer one has strobe and is brighter. LED is most definitely the way to go.

If only I hadn't lost all of my guns in that boating accident I would have a place to mount them.

SF 6PL next to my G23... Not mounted though as I Don't want to cover anything with the weapon if it's not necessary.

Surefire X300 on the main rifle, Surefire Scout light on the backup, Surefire integrated forearm light on the shotgun.

If you're serious go with Surefire. I've been using their lights since about 1991, and I can count the failures* on one hand. Surefire has always fixed my problems quickly and w/o any hassle.

BSW

*Not counting batteries . OTOH, I've never had a Surefire be unexpectedly dead when I picked it up. When they start going dim change the batteries.

Last edited:
I've been running one of these from Primary Arms, and I couldn't be happier with it. It is very bright, rugged, and comes with a nice, solid mounting system. You can run it as delivered with 3, CR-123 batteries, (included). Or else you can remove the center section and use just 2. The brightness is the same, (450 Lumens), the run time is slightly reduced.

It comes with both a rubber mounted end cap switch, or if you prefer, a matching tape switch is included. I see where it is now showing "Discontinued - Out Of Stock". That's a shame because it really is a beautiful, well made light for the money. Had I known I for sure would have purchased more than one! I just couldn't see spending over $400.00 for a weapon light.

http://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_Ultimate_Weapon_Light_Gen_2_BLACK_p/pawl-2bk.htm

Originally Posted By: buck91
SF 6PL next to my G23... Not mounted though as I Don't want to cover anything with the weapon if it's not necessary.

That myth was debunked years ago. A gun with a flashlight mounted can be pointed at the floor and it will light up an entire room. You don't have to point the gun at something to light it up.

I have one of the Streamlights, don't remember the model, and a couple of the Sig light/laser combos, because my wife likes Sigs ( for some reason ).

Both work well.

Anyone caught looking at the beam of a Streamlight TLR-2s is going to be immediately 100% visually incapacitated for a good while. It is hard to describe just how horrifically bright the light beam is in a darkened interior setting but it is not something I ever want to see from the wrong end. It is painful enough from the back end...almost too bright. The amazing thing is to then so clearly see that nice bright laser red dot right in the middle of the beam.

Last edited:
I have an Elzetta ZSM-T mount with a Streamlight 88850 130lumen LED flashlight on my "tacticool" Remmington 870. The light is absolutely blinding which means it's perfect. Just remember to test the light occasionally and replace the battery when it's due. It does take two lithium ion CR123A batteries but they have 10 year shelf life.

I highly recommend this mount and light if you have an 870 or Mossberg 500/590.

My other weapons do not have lights as my shotgun is my HD weapon.

Last edited:
Wal-Mart is clearancing out all the black rifles and black rifle accessories. Got a Surefire X300 Ultra for 50% off yesterday ($150). Its a beast. Very nice light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back