An American Dentist Killed Zimbabwe’s Famous Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is good also! In addition to shooting at game, a person has to do some practice first shooting at targets. So you can hit the game when you go hunting.

Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I come a VERY large hunting family. My dad was an avid hunter and always had a hunting lease. He gave me my very first gun (a 410 shotgun that was his when he was a little kid) when I was a little kid. He taught me how to shoot at the first lease he had. We practiced with a clay pigeon machine. He told me,"NEVER under any circumstance point that gun and anything you never intend on eating. If I EVER find out or catch you,I'll take that gun away from you FOREVER".

I still have that shotgun. I was cleaning and polishing it the other day :^)

So tell me, What does skeet tast like?
whistle.gif

VERY earthy! :^P

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Originally Posted By: stockrex
Let's not forget that
4CUHP3g.jpg

That is good! Cecil did do his share of killing.

no, it's the female lions that do the hunting in a pack.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Jetronic

So are these female lions wearing fancy wigs, or male lions with very realistic chew toys ?

20131018073418Menu%202.jpg

lion-attack-on-zebra-ngorongoro-15204.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow

So are these female lions wearing fancy wigs, or male lions with very realistic chew toys ?

young male lions aren't in any pack and often will have to live solitaire or with their brothers. In the pack, it's the females that hunt.

OMG! HILARIOUS! I almost fell over...

Originally Posted By: stockrex
Let's not forget that
4CUHP3g.jpg

That is good! Cecil did do his share of killing.

Yes, the female lions do a lot of the hunting in the 'pride,' but that does not mean the male lion does not hunt at all. And the male lion will defend the pride. With the females also defending the pride, of course.

The male lion in the pride will certainly assist the females in bringing down animals.

There was a video a few years back that showed an antelope or something in a battle with a big cat. A crock had her baby by one leg and the cat had the other side Ina tug of war. The antelope scooped the cat up with the horns and tossed it about 15 foot up. Awesome to watch.

But they should all be in some rednecks freezer...I guess.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
There was a video a few years back that showed an antelope or something in a battle with a big cat. A crock had her baby by one leg and the cat had the other side Ina tug of war. The antelope scooped the cat up with the horns and tossed it about 15 foot up. Awesome to watch.

Keep that up. Keep doing that. You can get away with it. Keep using that 'redneck' term. I don't know how many people might be offended by that. Personally, I have always laughed at a lot of the ethnic slurs and nonsense terms that people use to refer to other people. So you using the term 'redneck' for me just makes me laugh.

I can think of a few of the silly terms and ethnic slurs that people used against other people when I was young. Goofy slurs and words used for Italians, or Jewish people, to whatever. And even when I was very young, I could not understand the reason why people would invent these slurs and nonsense to talk about other people.

Now, of course, you would not refer to black people using a term they do not want used against them.

I have the ability to look at people as individuals. You might want to try that some day. Instead of looking at people and just seeing the color of their skin, or their gender, or what their ancestry is, try looking at people as individuals. You might be surprised. It is pretty hard to be racist or believe all kinds of stupid stereotypes about people if you look at people as individuals. Try it sometime.

Sounds amazing.

Talking of rednecks, have you heard of Dixon White? I think you'll like him!

Someone is worried that we're not focusing on illegals. How about the white guys shooting up theaters. They're worried that fetus parts are being used for science instead of going into the incinerator. Why bring that up in this thread? What label do you suggest we use for those people?

Keep that up. Keep doing that. You can get away with it. Keep using that 'redneck' term.

I'm trying to think of a more politically correct term but its pretty descriptive as is. I've never seen you interject when real racism gets posted. Redneck is not a race. Its not the same as racial epithets and homophobia, which I've never seen you object to, much less call someone on the carpet about. But you are quick to get up in arms when white people get their feelings ruffled.

We're starting to see push back now from the people we expected. So very predictable. Trying to defend an indefensible act of cowardice.

Last edited:

Someone is worried that we're not focusing on illegals. How about the white guys shooting up theaters. They're worried that fetus parts are being used for science instead of going into the incinerator. Why bring that up in this thread? What label do you suggest we use for those people?

Keep that up. Keep doing that. You can get away with it. Keep using that 'redneck' term.

I'm trying to think of a more politically correct term but its pretty descriptive as is. I've never seen you interject when real racism gets posted. Redneck is not a race. Its not the same as racial epithets and homophobia, which I've never seen you object to, much less call someone on the carpet about. But you are quick to get up in arms when white people get their feelings ruffled.

We're starting to see push back now from the people we expected. So very predictable. Trying to defend an indefensible act of cowardice.

And exactly what 'indefensible act of cowardice' am I supposed to be defending? The killing of the lion? Go read my posts here and see if I defended the killing of the lion.

And you know nothing about me. I notified moderators when I saw antiqueshell keep talking a lot of nonsense about Jewish people. I was not keeping tabs on antiqueshell. I am not a moderator. But when I started to see his repeated remarks about Jews I did something about it. What about you? Don't talk about me as if you know me.

I don't know if I mentioned this at bitgo or not, but one of the very best supervisors we had was a gay man. I preferred when he was on duty compared to other supervisors. I don't know if I mentioned that here or not. I can't remember every single post I have ever made. Two of the people I liked working with the most when I was working (I am retired) were a black woman and a woman of Japanese ancestry.

If I can't remember every single post I have ever made here, how exactly do YOU KNOW I have never said anything in objection to racial epithets or homophobia?

You know nothing about me. So you can stop making statements about me when you know nothing about me.

Did you do anything when antiqueshell was making his statements about Jews?

And in fact in this very post I said that I was against ethnic and racial remarks! Go read what I posted, turtlevette! I said that I look at people as individuals and that if a person does look at people as individuals you can't be a racist very easily. Go read my posts!

And in fact in this very post I said that I was against ethnic and racial remarks! Go read what I posted, turtlevette! I said that I look at people as individuals and that if a person does look at people as individuals you can't be a racist very easily. Go read my posts!

Fine. Settle down. What term should I use to replace redneck? Angry white guy?

Last edited:
Did you read my posts? Did you read the post where I said even when I was young I could not understand why people used various ethnic and racial slurs against other people? You were a little wrong, weren't you?

Why use goofy terms to stereotype anybody? What exactly is a 'redneck?' Does a 'redneck' have certain political viewpoints, live in a certain area, be of a certain socioeconomic level? Explain 'redneck' to me.

Look at every single human being as an individual and you no longer need some sort of goofy term to label an entire group of people.

Why should I suggest some other goofy term to replace 'redneck?' How about looking at every single human being you meet as an individual, and judging them as individuals?

19 pages about Bambi the lion. Another male line would have killed him soon ,he was old. Killed Bambi lions pride and impregnated the females . Though I wouldn't put out the effort to kill a lion unless it was bothering me then I have no desire to go to Africa . Nature is as unkind as the dentist,

Sure the male lion Cecil eventually would have been killed by another male lion or driven away from the pride. But that still does not excuse Cecil allegedly being baited to leave the protected reserve, and after the lion was killed allegedly an attempt was made to destroy the tracking collar.

There were human beings here who did wrong. The lions will always do as lions do. For as long as there are any lion left.

Originally Posted By: CT8
19 pages about Bambi the lion. Another male line would have killed him soon ,he was old. Killed Bambi lions pride and impregnated the females . Though I wouldn't put out the effort to kill a lion unless it was bothering me then I have no desire to go to Africa . Nature is as unkind as the dentist,

If the lion would have died of natural causes:

A. We wouldn't be having this discussion.
B. The dentist wouldn't be having any problems arising from killing the lion.

It's a sad state of affairs.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

If another male lion had vanquished him and his offspring for territory and breeding rights, and not to eat the meat, then who would have carried the matches and kindling to Zimbabwe ?

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

If another male lion had vanquished him and his offspring for territory and breeding rights, and not to eat the meat, then who would have carried the matches and kindling to Zimbabwe ?

The animal gets to die with dignity. Not have its head on a wall. Some of you will never get it. You also think your prime minister from 10 years ago ended illegal whaling? It was Sea Sheppard. People who have the guts to get their hands dirty. Who will end the Japanese mass killing of dolphins? But you don't care about that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back