Fram Ultras discontinued at my Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Walmart getting oil and filter for my father in laws minivan today. I noticed there were no Fram Ultras on the shelf, and in their place was Fram "High mileage". Walked around a bit and saw all the Ultras on a clearance table, but the prices had not been marked down.

Anyone else seeing this in their area?

My local Walmart still has a big stock on Ultras, except for my application. They've been out. It will be interesting to see if,when they come back in stock.

Also, I was on travel last week and stopped by another Walmart. It was just as you say, only a few Ultras left and a ton of High Mileage Frams in their place.

It will be disappointing if they're going away from Walmart, but Amazon is a good backup.

Probably thought,due to the "Ultra" name,that they were associated with Pennzoil "Ultra" which Wal Mart has some phobia against stocking.

Downright stupid... I know that shelve space is paid for by the companies. It would be hard to believe that Fram would not work out a contract for the shelve space for their Ultra filters.
But, Shell corp did not work out a deal to keep Pennzoil Ultra on the shelves either. That's why it disappeared for awhile there. My dodo bird Wally world still doesn't have it in. Annoying
mad.gif

Might be because of the different paint job Ultras are getting. Stores do that sometimes when there's a slight change in product labeling.

They still have them at some auto parts stores for about $1.00 more.. I posted something like this a few months ago and everyone said they still saw them in their stores... I so far like the ultras but if they start to get hard to get or the price goes up i will stop using them anyway i still may prefer Wix over the ultras anyway

Originally Posted By: rickmeseke
my wally world hasnt had ANY fram filters for my jeep the last 2 times i've went. had to go with puro's

Sucks to be you! Heh

Is this about the only BITOG business Purolator gets?

The Wal-Mart I go to, has a pretty big section of FRAM filters, It seems the other brand sections are getting smaller and smaller. Also, all Wal-mart's in my area have the Ultra as well. In fact, when It was on sale last the Ultra was marked the same price as the platinum.

Probably discontinuing because they always get ripped off by clowns putting them in different boxes.

I'm sure a whole lot of Ultras have been sold at orange can prices as Z06 mentioned that can't be helping.

AAP on discount codes is still a viable (and cheaper still) option if you have AAP in your area.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Probably thought,due to the "Ultra" name,that they were associated with Pennzoil "Ultra" which Wal Mart has some phobia against stocking.

Hmm. My Wal-Mart's carry Pennzoil ultra. Cost a couple dollars more than pp.

I see the fu filters on rock auto sometimes for 5 or so bucks

You might could catch a sale and stock up and come out even or ahead after shipping.
Or you could just go to orileys and get some wix xps
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
I see the fu filters on rock auto sometimes for 5 or so bucks. You might could catch a sale and stock up and come out even or ahead after shipping. Or you could just go to orileys and get some wix xps
grin.gif

Could also buy from AAP with a code. I grabbed 3 (seems to be the sweet spot on price/quantity) XG2 filters for $7.53 each out the door.

Not discontinued here, just rearranged basically by price from lowest priced at bottom to most expensive at top. Perhaps done to make it easier to prevent or spot the low lifes that swap filters in the boxes.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Probably discontinuing because they always get ripped off by clowns putting them in different boxes.

As sad as that sounds, I know of some clown that did just that. All to save $4.

The thing is, the store will press charges for theft just like you walked out of the store with it. Fram should look into shrink wrapping their Ultra filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back