Is Our Universe a Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Koz1
Most people are not happy with reality so they make stuff like this up to keep their minds at ease that it must be so.

Just ridiculous really.
Is that why so much stuff is wasted?

You mean kind of like stories of a giant ark...

Originally Posted By: Al

Krauss is one of the best astrophysicists out there.

I really had to chuckle when I read that one!!

Originally Posted By: RamFan
Most people are not happy with reality so they make stuff like this up to keep their minds at ease that it must be so.

Just ridiculous really.

Oh. You mean the ark they figured they found on the side of a mountain in Turkey iirc.
History channel did a show on it.
The shows talking heads figured the bibles description in relation to size was consistent with the remains they found too.
The bible though embellished does have a remarkable amount that's consistent with archeological evidence.
There was a time I believed religion was nonsense. After living thru some very interesting experiences I've learned we are a spiritual being having a human experience,and there is much more than this life if your mind is evolved enough to interpret it.

Originally Posted By: RamFan

Just ridiculous really.

No, not like that at all.

The nonsense in the article is just another attempt at blurring the lines between right and wrong, questioning morality and spirituality and saying that it's all relative. It is not.

My perception of The Universe is my "reality"

I look at a new Charger on the dealer's lot.
Yep, it's a Charger ... a real piece of c&ap (my reality)
Next door neighbor just bought one and loves it (his reality)

When my negativism kicks in the Universe sucks.
On a good day it looks like Creator knew what he was doing

Puppies & kittens seem to know the Universe better than me.
I truly am a poor judge of most things.....

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

The nonsense in the article is just another attempt at blurring the lines between right and wrong, questioning morality and spirituality and saying that it's all relative. It is not.

+1. Can't emphasize enough how correct you are Kris.

Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
The galaxy is on Orion's belt.
The answer was brought to us by our "friends, from out of town".

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: R80RS
Originally Posted By: KrisZ

+1. Can't emphasize enough how correct you are Kris.
+2

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What I can't figure out is all those different people I see in my dreams that I've never seen before. And why does there always have to be people in our dreams? Why can't we just be chillin' by ourselves somewhere?

What I've always wondered is,when we're with our loved ones who have passed in our dreams,are they actually trying to communicate with us,or is our brain like a tape deck just rewinding and replaying old memories and such?

I remember seeing a documentary when I was a little kid (in the 70s sometime) about scientists trying to see if our souls had actual weight. They'd hook up terminal and dying patients to a machine that could measure the most minute amount of weight. When the person passed,they immediately lost a measurable amount of weight. Anyone ever remember what that documentary was called? I've Googled it and haven't been able to find it.

Originally Posted By: Al
I believe there are infinite "universes" with different properties and "laws" of physics.

So many good books out there:
51Gf5cmUSnL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Is a really good one. Krauss is one of the best astrophysicists out there.

What a hack. His attempt at explaining nothing is soooo pathetic.

Just ridiculous really.

Any proof in science is the result of the execution of repeatable and observable experiments. Computer modeling is neither scientific reality nor proof.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule

Just ridiculous really.

Any proof in science is the result of the execution of repeatable and observable experiments. Computer modeling is neither scientific reality nor proof.

I'm gonna disagree with that. Computer modeling explained what we observe with black holes. One of my professors was doing some of this.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: MolaKule

Just ridiculous really.

I'm gonna disagree with that. Computer modeling explained what we observe with black holes. One of my professors was doing some of this.

Go on and explain. Last I knew known physics break down when dealing with black hole. Did the models figure this out?

Originally Posted By: hatt
[

Go on and explain. Last I knew known physics break down when dealing with black hole. Did the models figure this out?

I'm not an expert. And i don't have the time or patience to try to explain this to a Realtor. Fair enough?

Maybe one of our experts in everything will give it a shot.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I remember seeing a documentary when I was a little kid (in the 70s sometime) about scientists trying to see if our souls had actual weight. They'd hook up terminal and dying patients to a machine that could measure the most minute amount of weight. When the person passed,they immediately lost a measurable amount of weight. Anyone ever remember what that documentary was called? I've Googled it and haven't been able to find it.

I remember this too, a University was involved with this project as well, and they did in fact document by proof that a tiny amount of weight is lost. I recall it being an ounce or less, perhaps a fraction of an ounce, they made sure to account for fluid and solid loss when your body released bowels and kidney too.

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

I remember this too, a University was involved with this project as well, and they did in fact document by proof that a tiny amount of weight is lost. I recall it being an ounce or less, perhaps a fraction of an ounce, they made sure to account for fluid and solid loss when your body released bowels and kidney too.

Yes that was it!!!! Man if we only could find it posted somewhere!!

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
Originally Posted By: hatt
[

I'm not an expert. And i don't have the time or patience to try to explain this to a Realtor. Fair enough?

Maybe one of our experts in everything will give it a shot.

LOL. That computer model you saw was nothing more than an "artist interpretation." Someone as smart as you should know that. Evan Realtors know it.

brilliant reference.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: Rick in PA
The galaxy is on Orion's belt.

Meow....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back