Tried a purolator psl

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently did a oil change on my truck, 2014 ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi. I usually use a napa gold filter but thought this time I would try a purolator psl oil filter. I notice now I have no start up rattle using the purolator psl filter, does this have to do with the ADBV?

Originally Posted By: fffff
... does this have to do with the ADBV?

Most likely yes.

Not sure about being made out of the same material all I know is when I was using the napa gold when I would first start my truck in the morning I would get a nasty rattle sound for a couple seconds but since I put the purolator psl on it I no longer have the start up rattle.

fffff, ^^^^ Yeah could be a bad ADBV on the NapaGold. Once in a while I see people seem to get a bad ADBV valve (suspected). Makes me wonder if the design or factory problems are to blame. Cartridge oil filters leave this to permanent engine components instead of mass-produced children's toy quality rubber parts.

Originally Posted By: fffff
Not sure about being made out of the same material all I know is when I was using the napa gold when I would first start my truck in the morning I would get a nasty rattle sound for a couple seconds but since I put the purolator psl on it I no longer have the start up rattle.

Good news for Pureolator.....I think they will soon recover from some of the previous desasters of torn media. I hope so anyway. The PureOnes were always a good filter for the $$$ in the past.

purolater used to be my favorite but never again wix makes a superior filter in my professional opinion... The napa has a silicone anti drain back valve the purolater classics dont..It may have just been a bad filter.

So what is the bad to good reports on Purolator now?

10^10 : 1 ???

Kidding aside, I'm glad you like the filter. Them Hemi Dodge Rams sure can run!

I would probably buy a PSL, but I don't think anyone local stocks them. I have a premium plus/classic for my truck, but don't like the pureones for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back