bed liner maint

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was in a prior post, so as not to hijack, I started a new thread.

I think the reason he mentioned it rusting the bed, is that those plastic liners scuff the paint off the metal bed underneath them and that leads to bare metal that will be susceptible to rust. And that can occur anywhere, including Louisiana.

My 1999 Dodge Ram has a plastic bed liner and a fiberglass cap. What is the best maint procedure? The cap is a PIA to get off as its heavy. But maybe it needs to come off every year or two to deal with the metal truck bed under the liner? I do have several gallons of Carwell.

I'm guessing a mild ph balanced car soap would be ideal. One of the better widely available ones that would also be good for the paint is Meguiars Gold Class Car Soap.

Last edited:
your cap is probably helping prevent normal moisture / dew from messing things up. high 5.

What you dont want it stagnant water. Like clumps of mud or grass holding water/moisture onto the metal for long periods of time. I would also suspect a bedliner could 'trap' water against the paint and metal as well.

Check the clay barring the bed thread! Some guy there has an older Chevy whose bed looks better than some's body panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back