Possible Fram Ultra issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
To really test the FU, it should have been reinstalled to see if the tick returned. That would have been interesting and reduced the speculation.

Another Ultra will be put on he says. The old one wasn't inspected though. In this case the filter is nothing more than the element and ADBV in a can, very little can go wrong. It makes no logical sense a constant tick can be from an oil filter brand, even if the ADBV is defective or absent. Doubt was cast, then all quiet. The truth of it is still unknown, doubt being cast or not, the way I see it.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
"Latest"? And which one might that be?
The tearing syndrome that supposedly does not exist...
And what came before that illusion, "latest" means there have been others. Perhaps in your mind?

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
"Latest"? And which one might that be?
The tearing syndrome that supposedly does not exist...
And what came before that illusion, "latest" means there have been others. Perhaps in your mind?

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Originally Posted By: Trav
Just to update. The noise never came back. At the end of this OCI i will try another Ultra with this oil still in the system to see if the noise returns. If not it will stay on.

Did you mail the filter back to Fram for analysis?

I sent them an email but as of now no reply.
No reply from Fram yet?????

I had a fram ultra do this to me also on a previous dodge truck. It had a bad dry start and the oil pressure light would come on for a second or 2 and then go away. Replaced the filter with another fram ultra and never did it again. I chaulk it up to a bad adbv but I'm not blaming fram for that.

I had a fram ultra do this to me also on a previous dodge truck. It had a bad dry start and the oil pressure light would come on for a second or 2 and then go away. Replaced the filter with another fram ultra and never did it again. I chaulk it up to a bad adbv but I'm not blaming fram for that.

The gentleman said his was making noise for a few minutes. No tear down, no sending in, so it is a mystery. You should have cut yours open, maybe a torn or missing adbv or something. On Frams most have the adbv visible inside the center hole so it can be seen if it is in place evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back