Learned a lot from a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have known this guy close to 40 years.he was born with an unknown heart defect that caused a massive heart attack @ 40.

They actually took his heart out of his body to repair it and put him back together 36 hrs later.

He now only has 45% of his heart. But instead of being depressed about it he says " i have 45%! Thats nearly 1/2!"

He loves racing and is no longer able to race but he is able to walk from the parking lot to the bleachers.

He bought a tow truck and has a small group of customers.does not do too much hwy pickups,more like transporting a hot rod from a paint shop to the upholstry shop. Hes real good at lock outs and likes to see the smile on peoples face when he shows up to unlock the car etc.

The glass is 1/2 full kind of guy

Yah, my cancer was minor compared to some. It gave me a very similar reaction to life though. Every day is a gift, don't waste it on negativity. I smile and try to make others smile. It doesn't take much effort and gets results easier as well.

I used to be depressed and grumpy, I had reasons to be. Laid off with 3 kids in college at the young age of 53. My spouse going insane during the "change". My father's decline and death. After a while I noticed that I wasn't healing from minor cuts, bruises, etc. Then came the lump and the news it was stage 2 . Aha !! Mystery solved. Cut, poisoned then nuked. 40 mg of citalopram daily and an epiphany fixed that. Misery enables poor health. Smiles and laughter are healthy. It has been over 5 yrs since I got the last blast of radiation. Five great yrs that gave me 2 grandsons. Beats the daylights out of the alternatives.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
I love stories like this. I honestly try to have that positive attitude but I struggle at it. I am far better than I used to be but have a ways to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back