Water seperator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody run a water seperator or moisture trap on their home air filling set up? Never crossed my mind before, but I need to set up a small, lost cost unit and was wondering if it might be worth the trouble and cost for a simple water trap on the line or not? It will pretty much only see use with tire filling and blow gun uses.

my bad, i thought water separator in fuel filter you want to set up
laugh.gif

Depends on where you live. I seldom get more that a drop or two from the tank drain, at monthly blowdowns, here in NM. Our humidity runs in the 10 to 20% range, most of the time. Dew points in winter can go sub zero F.

I CA, I used to drain the tank every time I used it. Always got water. Same compressor. Different climate.

Any suggestions? Seem to find a lot of the inline ones like THIS ONE but I gotta think that they need to be held upright to function?

Found THIS ONE on Amazon, but would like to keep costs a little lower, especially since I will still have to add fittings.

Originally Posted By: buck91
Any suggestions? Seem to find a lot of the inline ones like THIS ONE but I gotta think that they need to be held upright to function?

Found THIS ONE on Amazon, but would like to keep costs a little lower, especially since I will still have to add fittings.

I got mine from Grainger but H-F, H-D and Lowe's carry them.

You're in western Michigan -- you have humidity in the air that you'll want to be able to remove from the system. When I had an air compressor tank, I'd get many tablespoons of water out the bottom every time I used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back