Wrong Address- PO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been in mail order business since 1979
Every day it seems I get a parcel back because the buyer
put in the wrong shipping address on the website.

People make mistakes.
What burns my arse is they email me the correct address with no mention of
paying the actual cost to reship it out again. And we are talking small orders
under say $20. I have a flat rate $3.97 shipping fee for 1 ounce to whatever......
On returns its that or less if I can ship it out cheaper. That's tracked too!

No one wants to pay a fair shipping fee upfront either. So this really ticks me
off because its rampant.

And why do these people not even know their address?

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
And why do these people not even know their address?

Sometimes the shipping address gets auto populated based on their paypal or credit account information. If they've moved and forgot to update their paypal or CC account, it'll go to their old address. In this day and age, everyone has so many various buyer accounts, it's easy to lose track and forget to update them all when making purchases.

Just change your policy and state it "Customer will be charged additional shipping and handling for additional postage caused by incorrect address." Having that condition may make some more attentive at getting it right the first time.. and will provide you relief from those who aren't.

I changed my Ebay policy to "Payment due within 24 hours of auction end.. Right resesrved to cancel bids for no pay/slow pay beyond 24 hours" I also don't offer returns. I am a one man show not a corporate store with a return and lay away department... cash and carry basically. If cash and carry is not acceptable they can get there products elsewhere. I have no interest in babysitting , waiting around days for pmt, handling returns for those who changed their mind. Thats alot of extra time I'm not getting compensated for.. no thanks.. low maintenence customers who know what they want only.

kyledallas we are living the same nightmare.
I dislike Ebay because I am a rapid shipper- I have to be like you I'm a one man show. With Ebay as soon as it sells I'm ready to ship but it sometimes takes forever for them to pay up.

In the old days I would ship with no payment. Those days are over. I have every policy listed on my website and at checkout. I have one minor issue. No one "READS"

Agreed QP
I find most use CC's on my merchant service and they get it all wrong. Plus most put in bogus emails and phone#'s to hide the purchases from the ole lady
smile.gif
You know that trick.........

When i was in college they gave me a dopey nonstandard mailing address- XXXX College, box 1234, City, state. The USPS has a standard, BTW. After correctly giving my bogus address, some computers converted this to PO BOX 1234 and my stuff bounced, including credit card bills, etc. It really ground my gears.

The timing on this is interesting. I recently moved and while I was able to update my mailing address just fine on eBay, it seems like whatever Paypal can do to make address changes difficult or tedious (or both) they will find a way to do it.

If you ever have to update your address on Paypal, good luck.

Thanks!
I use stamps.com that runs the addresses but stuff still gets through. I'll check into this,

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
You could consider something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back