Mirror Replacement - Which Brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I need a new passenger side mirror for my 2001 F-150. I have narrowed my selections down to just two, and was wondering if anyone could help me choose between them.

1. Dorman mirror

2. TYC mirror

I looked up each part maker's company on google to see if I could speculate on how "legitimate" they looked in comparison to each other.

Dorman Products
Vs.
TYC Genera

From the reviews on Amazon, the mirrors in the links above both seem they'd fit just fine. From their own websites, each seems legitimate to me.

Any thoughts?

~ Triton

I used a TYC mirror in the past without issue. Was sturdy and fit perfectly.

Check Rock Auto and see if it's cheaper. They always have a 5% discount code floating around.

Just purchased a Dorman passenger-side mirror....for my 03' Ford Focus. Seems1 that its of equal quality to the original, and fits perfectly. Its made in Tywan (sorry for the spelling).

Cost only $23 on Amazon....about 1/5 of the price from the stealership.

I got a Dorman for the manual driver's side mirror on a Silverado. The finish texture matched the original, but construction is a lot more flimsy. It fits just fine.

The folding mechanism on the Dorman didn't feel quite right, and it eventually stopped working. It felt like it would break if I kept trying to fold it.

I contacted Amazon about the Dorman lifetime warranty, and they sent me a new mirror without any hassle.

Of course, without the mirror folded in, somebody hit it and snapped it right off. (In contrast, the stock mirror took 3-4 hits before the glass was finally knocked out.) The second replacement is still flimsy, but the spring-loaded folding mechanism feels a lot better.

Short answer: The Dorman is decent for the price, but you might get a bad one. Amazon should make replacement easy if you order from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back