Is Our Universe a Fake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link

Quote:
But speaking with scientists and philosophers on "Closer to Truth," I realized that the notion that everything humans see and know is a gigantic computer game of sorts, the creation of supersmart hackers existing somewhere else, is not a joke. Exploring a "whole-world simulation," I discovered, is a deep probe of reality.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I'm a firm believer that we are in a matrix of sorts.

I too have to agree with you, there are too many odd coincidences that in my view seem to make that theory a good possibility, the interesting thing we always hear about how sentient computers will soon exist, perhaps they already do, that could be us, perhaps we are artificial intelligence. I believe that the powers that be in this world (reality) are keeping major secrets from ordinary peoples, maybe the actual reality versus what we have been told far and away more incredible.

Last edited:
I really dont think our minds are evolved enough to really grasp what our reality truly is, from my perspective, we're just smarter than normal apes, to think we even have a clue of what the universe "is" is a joke.

Supposedly according to some quantum mechanics mathematics the Universe is just an illusion.

Last edited:
yap, sci-fi writers have been writing about it since 60's (IIRC).
easy to imagine it that way. the thing is, it's not a testable hypothesis, so this is way outside science (just like religion).

Originally Posted By: Jake54
I really dont think our minds are evolved enough to really grasp what our reality truly is, from my perspective, we're just smarter than normal apes, to think we even have a clue of what the universe "is" is a joke.

exactly. it's like trying to explain to ants (very intelligent and organized insects BTW), how there are different planets and such.

Here is one bit of evidence that we just perceive the "shadow" of a better universe:

We can know either the position or the velocity of a subatomic particle, but not both simultaneously.

That is analogous to the shadow of a pipe. If you hold it end-on to the sun, you can see its exact position. In any other orientation you can get an idea of how long it is, but the shadow is a bit fuzzy. Now imagine the pipe is variably transparent, with the density controlled by another dimension.

What I can't figure out is all those different people I see in my dreams that I've never seen before. And why does there always have to be people in our dreams? Why can't we just be chillin' by ourselves somewhere?

Humans only have the upper hand in comparison to, say apes, is the ability to question. The ability to answer would put us in a stable with the godly. Since we as himans can only question, this is a dead end topic.

I believe there are infinite "universes" with different properties and "laws" of physics.

So many good books out there:
51Gf5cmUSnL._SX326_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Is a really good one. Krauss is one of the best astrophysicists out there.

As another poster mentioned in another post. (Forget who)

Looks like we have a tinfoil shortage.
27.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
What I can't figure out is all those different people I see in my dreams that I've never seen before. And why does there always have to be people in our dreams? Why can't we just be chillin' by ourselves somewhere?

They are probably people that you've walked by and didn't notice, but your subconscious remembered them and triggered them in your dreams.

Most people are not happy with reality so they make stuff like this up to keep their minds at ease that it must be so.

Just ridiculous really.
Is that why so much stuff is wasted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back