Review: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T 392

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 52....retirement in (hopefully) ten years...sooooo, I'll probably get one more car before I retire and literally, take it to the grave with me. This car sure appeals to me. I remember clearly in the 70's how the Challengers looked and always like them. But, I also remember, they broke down a lot, something I don't want to have to deal with down the road. Hmmm...maybe 'screw the Honda thing and just get one. Man oh man, would the wife freak on that. I'd probably get stereotyped as having an older mid-life crisis...but you know what....I can afford it and they can't!!!!

I love this car and will own one some day. I have a 14 Mustang GT to keep me occupied until then. I recently test drove a new 15 Challenger RT and it felt plenty fast to me and didn't feel overly large. I would have no problem driving one on a regular basis.

I'm eligible for retirement in 14 months at age 49 so it will probably have to be after retirement before I get one of these.

Wayne

I went into semi-retirement at 51 and full at 58(last year). The Mazda was my pre-retirement present to myself and now I'm looking for a post-retirement toy. The Challenger R/T Plus is on my short list of finalists. Found a CPO Sublime Pearl R/T Plus Shaker- but it's an automatic; nice as the 8 speed ZF is, methinks I'd really prefer three pedals. Especially since the base R/T is no rocket sled(0-60 in 5.1 seconds).

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Thanks! It was only a few hours ago, so it's OK, hahahha
grin.gif

Is the M5 gone/sold/traded-in for the Mopar??

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Thanks! It was only a few hours ago, so it's OK, hahahha
grin.gif

Is the M5 gone/sold/traded-in for the Mopar??

Traded, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back