Finish Kare 1000P for Harsh Winters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know FK1000P is designed for, and marketed for using in the blazing heat of the sun. Is there anyone who uses it in a 4 season climate and all season long?
I have some on both my cars now and I have to say I am pretty impressed. I'd like to be able to use it for winter/ road salt protection as well, if I am able.
I figure since it's synthetic that it might just work as a all season wax?

Thanks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
Its the road salt under your car thats the issue. Regular winter car washes at a car wash with an underbody rinse.

Carwell or Fluid Film.

Good point but what about that salt that sticks to the side of the lower doors and panels? Ewwww......
sick.gif

I have used it in winter with great success. I washed, clayed, washed again and wiped down with 50/50 IPA/water. I then applied a thin coat and removed it and then the following day I applied another thin coat and removed it again.

Originally Posted By: 2civics
Its the road salt under your car thats the issue. Regular winter car washes at a car wash with an underbody rinse.

Carwell or Fluid Film.

Good point but what about that salt that sticks to the side of the lower doors and panels? Ewwww......
sick.gif

That salt is sitting on protective clear coat, that is covering the base coat, which is sitting on top of a galvanized layer that protects the sheet metal. Several mils of protection compared to the microscopic, molecule layer of sealant.

The salt fog that reaches into the interior weld seams of the doors,hood, trunk and quarter panels is what you should be laying up awake at night worrying about. Run it through through the power wash and force that salt water even deeper into the hidden crevices. LOL - this is EWWWWWW! Kind of like that teenage zit that pops up the morning before Prom night.
IMAG0012.jpg

Originally Posted By: doitmyself
Originally Posted By: 2civics

Carwell or Fluid Film.

sick.gif

That salt is sitting on protective clear coat, that is covering the base coat, which is sitting on top of a galvanized layer that protects the sheet metal. Several mils of protection compared to the microscopic, molecule layer of sealant.

The salt fog that reaches into the interior weld seams of the doors,hood, trunk and quarter panels is what you should be laying up awake at night worrying about. Run it through through the power wash and force that salt water even deeper into the hidden crevices. LOL - this is EWWWWWW! Kind of like that teenage zit that pops up the morning before Prom night.
IMAG0012.jpg

And I will worry. Thanks lol
33.gif

Originally Posted By: mikered30
I have used it in winter with great success. I washed, clayed, washed again and wiped down with 50/50 IPA/water. I then applied a thin coat and removed it and then the following day I applied another thin coat and removed it again.

FYI

I contacted Finish Kare and was told that there in no benefit in longevity or protection doing additional coats. Great stuff!

Typical users of FK100 report two coats work well, with additional finish quality observed. Most of the time you are not adding an additional layer, but you are filling in any missed spots or unevenness in the first coat.

Originally Posted By: 007

I contacted Finish Kare and was told that there in no benefit in longevity or protection doing additional coats. Great stuff!

I currently have 4 coats of FK1000P on my Accord. They were spaced anywhere from a few days to a week apart.

I can't say if the protection is any "thicker" on the car, but the appearance is only approving.

FK1000P provides the clearest shine of any product I've tried. It really does look like my car has been re-sprayed with an additional THICK layer of clear coat.

I'm in love.

Originally Posted By: Phishin
Originally Posted By: 007

I currently have 4 coats of FK1000P on my Accord. They were spaced anywhere from a few days to a week apart.

I can't say if the protection is any "thicker" on the car, but the appearance is only approving.

FK1000P provides the clearest shine of any product I've tried. It really does look like my car has been re-sprayed with an additional THICK layer of clear coat.

I'm in love.

I tried 2 coats over two days and saw no difference as far as appearance on my 2015 Venza vs one on my 2012 Camry which are the same color which is why I contacted Finish Kare. Either way still looks good and seems to hold up better than Meguiars Ultimate Wax which I had used prior!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back