New Techron label

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, A trip is a nice thing to take but I do believe a dose of Techron is best followed by a spate of local driving.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. Kira

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
S4300124 by Anita, on Flickr

S4300123 by Anita, on Flickr

In flickr, click the share button (looks like an arrow pointing right), then click the BBCode tab. Copy and paste the code.

THANK YOU!!
thankyou2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, A trip is a nice thing to take but I do believe a dose of Techron is best followed by a spate of local driving.

Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. Kira

The trip will have a day of stop and go. One full tank for the round trip.
It will be ran in the Camry, it will be interesting if there will be a noticeable difference.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It's always had PEA in the mix.

Yeah, but after reading some threads here there was a debate IF it was still in there since it left the MSDS. Guess this settles it since its on the label now....

Question is whether the later formulations with the previous label had it. Just put some in my truck this morning. Not worth losing sleep over.

Originally Posted By: wildcatswo
Question is whether the later formulations with the previous label had it. Just put some in my truck this morning. Not worth losing sleep over.

yep!
It just works. I was surprised at the new look. I looked for the old label but none was there so I could compare.

Originally Posted By: Ram01
Will this product help clean direct injection engines ???

Fuel injectors and combustion chambers, yes. Intake valves? Not so much.

Techtron has always used PEA. Now they have competition from Gumout also using PEA so they put that on the label.

Put a bottle of techron in my truck and filled with gas. It'll be parked for probably the next 2 weeks. Hopefully the techron will help clean the GM fuel pump 😀😀

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
It's always had PEA in the mix.

Sure. It's just kind of a wonder to me all the hand-wringing just because something relatively nontoxic is left out or removed from a MSDS. Many companies opt to leave out certain components as trade secrets. Many don't list anything that isn't toxic, while others put in everything including water (which has its own CAS number).

Also - PEA isn't the be all and end all of fuel detergents. There are apparently different detergent chemistries such as Mannich detergents that don't contain PEA. Afton Chemical seems to be the biggest maker of these types of fuel additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back