Best Radar Detector- Real World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own several and looking for a new one. ( Most are over 5 years old)
Yes I read all of the net slop but its often skewed.
From those that own several what make and model do you prefer
for those long dangerous Interstate trips.

Thanks
James

Valentine one here. I need to know where it is, no one else tells me.

Note that these days any competent LEO will have clocked you already by the time most detectors go off. Low wattage Ka band instant on and Laser systems can be very stealthy...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Driving at reasonable speed with the flow of traffic.

01.gif

Exactly
Here in MD they are all over.
I don't speed much at all. But I dislike photo radar and entrapment and just like to know where they are at.
Don't want bills coming in the mail a few weeks later.

I actually go from MD-FL in the Palm Coast area- building a house
outside of Palm Coast.

thanks Guys

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Valentine one here. I need to know where it is, no one else tells me.

Note that these days any competent LEO will have clocked you already by the time most detectors go off. Low wattage Ka band instant on and Laser systems can be very stealthy...

V1 is good because it has arrows

But for city or same route driving I'd want something with gps to mute all the false alarms.

Thank you I read it.
I think many here that tout driving the speed limit don't get it.
I'm 52 and never had a speeding ticket ever.
However when I was in Florida every stinking light had photo radar and it was so bad if you live around Indian Trails in Palm Coast even the development has photo radar at the entrance and exit.

Also I'm no speeder but on I95 where its posted here at 60 and 65 mph even in the slow lane you're risking your life. These morons all do 90 mph.......

I dislike the fact that our Police are put in a position to generate revenue. I don't want the state having more of my cash
and I do not want tickets in the mail either.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Some additional reading for the OP

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3751701/1/Between_these_2_radar_detector

Another vote for the V1 + WAZE.
And expect the self-righteous "I NEVER speed!" saints to pop into this topic at any minute...

Originally Posted By: MCompact
And expect the self-righteous "I NEVER speed!" saints to pop into this topic at any minute...

I never speed!

past 90 mph

usually.

Another V1 user (just a toy/tool for me). Like the bogey counter and arrows. Also have a 9500ix but stuck to the V1 for out on the road use.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

Funny-I was waiting for the first person to start whining about those of us who choose not to be scofflaws.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Funny-I was waiting for the first person to start whining about those of us who choose not to be scofflaws.

Hey- I resemble that remark!!!
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back