Mirage Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this documentary? It's about how the US government essentially created the UFO mythology of the middle part of the 20th century as a disinformation campaign to hide secret government aircraft testing. Looks really interesting. That's the conclusion I came to a while ago when I got interested in that kind of stuff. It's all BEEEEEE ESSSSSSSSSSSS, and there's plenty of evidence people like Stanton Freidmon were in on it as well.

"How the US government created a myth that took over the world.

UFOs: weapons of mass deception... For over 60 years teams within the US Air Force and Intelligence services exploited and manipulated beliefs about UFOs and ET visitations as part of their counterintelligence programmes. In doing so they spawned a mythology so powerful that it captivated and warped many brilliant minds, including several of their own. Now, for the first time, some of those behind these operations, and their victims, speak out, revealing a true story that is part Manchurian Candidate and part Close Encounters of the Third Kind."

http://disinfo.com/2014/04/interview-mar...-agencies-play/

I haven't seen the documentary, as I pretty much don't care about that subject at all anymore.

I'm not sure I believe it was an intentional creation. The UFO nonsense got started because people at the time had never seen materials like metallized mylar weather balloons, or an airplane flying so fast and high as the 50s generation of fighter jets did, nevermind re-entering space debris and the "special" airplanes like the SR-71 and any we may not know about. But once it was started, I can see how it might not have been in the DoD's best interest to debunk it.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

I'm not sure I believe it was an intentional creation. The UFO nonsense got started because people at the time had never seen materials like metallized mylar weather balloons, or an airplane flying so fast and high as the 50s generation of fighter jets did, nevermind re-entering space debris and the "special" airplanes like the SR-71 and any we may not know about. But once it was started, I can see how it might not have been in the DoD's best interest to debunk it.

Yea, I agree. But not only did the DOD/Air Force Office of Special Investigation not debunk it, they perpetuated it. They had intelligence agents in on the UFOlogy conference tour for decades perpetuating the myths.

It's not all bees. That is partly true, however, the 5-10% of cases are still unexplainable. Doesn't mean they are alien per se, but we just don't know.

This just came out recently. Check out the Video of Halt's account. Middle way down.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/reti...4b04740a3dede3e

This is good:

http://www.amazon.com/UFOs-Generals-Pilots-Government-Officials/dp/0307717089

So is this guy:

http://www.jacquesvallee.net/

Much more to it than it being military. There was certainly a disinformation element but it doesn't explain it all.

"Moving on to George Adamski, the researcher George Andrews wrote in his 1986 book Extra-Terrestrials Among Us: “People who traveled with Adamski noticed that he had been issued a special passport, such as is usually reserved for diplomats and high government officials. It is entirely possible that he may have been a CIA disinformation agent who successfully fulfilled the mission of making the subject of UFOs seem so absurd that no independent in-depth investigation would be made by qualified academics.”

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2011/10/contactees-or-secret-agents/

"Another is George Adamski, an early fan of flying saucers whose bestselling books in the Fifties described his meetings with a chap called Orthon from Venus and his own trips in flying saucers.

I came across one of Adamski's mad books in my local public library when I was a boy, and I remember being disturbed and perplexed - this was a book, a proper printed book, so all this stuff about going to Venus and meeting Venusians ... it had to be real, didn't it? Now, it seems Adamski was an innocent, eager dupe and that Orthon and the spaceships weren't figments of his silly or venal imagination but real people and vehicles supplied by the CIA."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/books/ar...PILKINGTON.html

"The military has nothing to do with it, other than the cover-up, but I can tell you, there is some type of superior intelligence that can change size, change shape, do funny things. What I saw, I'm firmly convinced, didn't have anything that we know or could relate to, inside it. Maybe they're not a being as we know, maybe they're an entity that just has intelligence, and we just can't relate to it."

The disclosure project/Steven Greer, has been massively debunked. I don't know about stories of pilots, generals, and government officials when there is plenty of evidence the CIA/DOD engages in deliberate disinformation. but yea, there are a few cases that truly are unexplainable and leave me scratching my brain, like the Japan cargo plane incident over Alaska.

What would Stan Freidman say??....oh wait, I know....

"May I repeat: I AM NOT A DISINFORMATION AGENT. I have worked for NO intelligence agencies. READ what I have written.You or anybody else will note that unlike many in the field, I do my research, BACK UP MY CLAIMS WITH FACTS. I guess it is not surprising that the source is anonymous. Charlatans usually lack courage and don't have facts to back up their charges."

-Stanton Freidman 2005

Ultimately, you believe what you want to believe concerning the subject of UFOs and extraterrestrials but claims like this are older than dirt and remassaged into something different every few years with the same result.

If they're outing Freidman as an operative then my first sense is that they're the actual disinformation outlet as this isn't new.

Do I believe?...Yes.
My first sighting were two Cigar shaped UFO's that flew right over my head about 100 feet high.
They look like this.

Originally Posted By: Vuflanovsky
If they're outing Freidman as an operative then my first sense is that they're the actual disinformation outlet as this isn't new.

For the sake of Stanton Friedman, I hope he's a disinformation outlet. The alternative is that he's a bit of a crank. I'd rather be an operative than a crank. But, I'm biased, look at my user name.

I love reading UFO stories and reading all this stuff. It's entertaining. However, I've never seen one credible piece of evidence that we've ever been visited by extraterrestrials. They're still good stories, even if they are the result of an overactive imagination.

Drew,
I've just finished reading a book on area 51...much more was done with the A12 before the SR71.
I came away a firm believer that the CIA were happy that UFO mythology deepened the cover on their programmes, and further played on it.

Story we told the children when we did Socorro and Roswell last year was exactly that... Secret planes hidden behind a UFO cover story.

I don't believe for a second that Roswell was a weather balloon... Don't believe it was a spaceship either

There is no question that there were cover-ups to defend classified aircraft like the U-2, etc.

But I think there is some mystery that goes beyond just cover-ups and misidentification of manmade or natural objects. A certain small percentage of very important sightings remain completely unexplained.

In addition there are some very interesting 'trace evidence' cases that have completely flown under the radar. Some amazing stuff has been found.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back