Engine bay photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our old 2000 328i:

328i-03.jpg

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
And there is a dirty Ford 4.6 that will outlast them all

IDK about all that, have a 2015 low tech 115 HP VW 4 banger that may give it a run for the money.
cool.gif
If not for having to rev it's guts out to get any meaningful speed I might be able to take you on a bet.
smile.gif

1990 Toyota 4Runner 3.slow
2gJ8PwS.jpg

NOW with Lexus 1UZ-FE 4.0L V8 engine (changing the starter:)
oIpKSsQ.jpg

2001 Toyota Tundra 4.7L
46d54SM.jpg

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L
2LCmYmW.jpg

Random engine pics:

x6ZMlz9.jpg

qYMbHs9.jpg

41qH4qq.jpg

YifGS0a.jpg

jknLq9I.jpg

cZkjyOS.jpg

jknLq9I.jpg

What the heck is this thing? It looks like a I4 Corvette? Maybe I need more coffee.

robert

Originally Posted By: robertcope
jknLq9I.jpg

What the heck is this thing? It looks like a I4 Corvette? Maybe I need more coffee.

robert

Honda engine mocked into a Corvette. Must be a hi-po shop where they were working on a Honda and a Corvette. Vortec kicked in yo!

^^^Looks like they haven't changed much at all. The TB is relocated but the airbox, coolant reservoir, fusebox, windshield washer bottle, master cylinder and ABS pump are all in the same spots.

BTW, there are two fuse boxes. An old timer tip: go through each one and remove and re-seat all the fuses and circuit breakers. This was a source for many electrical gremlins in my generation...

Camry:

Das Jetta:

That was the last time I cleaned the Jetta's engine bay, I could tell it was at the old house so it has to be atleast summer 2013. I feel so ashamed not cleaning it, but moving twice, one time 1K miles, ya get sidetracked.

That 3.0 Ranger's intake snorkel looks real nice! The blue wires spruce it up as well. Care to share what tire dressing you used, or what?

Dont worry about the VW Delta. Watch one of the old commercials where they are representing Deütschland!

What is nice that after you have cleaned and detailed it a few times (pictures are great as they can reveal areas you have overlooked) is you can just 'dust' it with a strong paper towel dampened with water from time to time!

Thanks. The plastic/rubber under the hood on the 3.0 was wiped down with 3M Leather & Vinyl Restorer. Pics are after 1 week.

Expensive stuff, but it works nicely under the hood and on tires. It's a little glossy on the interior IMO, but the gloss dissipates somewhat after a day or two.

We need some more dirty engine bay pics on here LOL.

Mine has never been cleaned whatsoever.

2upck1y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back