Pennzoil fans? Here's the selection at my Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: scusemez28
my Menards has QS Horsepower synthetic from 2007,wouldn`t discount it.they told me people still buy it.

Wouldn't they run out if people were buying it? I mean how can they get new old stock?

Originally Posted By: Branson304
You'll get much better prices on all those oils at Walmart.

None of the Walmarts in this state stock Ultra (would have to ship from walmart.com and walmart.com doesn't have any of the more designer Ultra blends).

Originally Posted By: jdavis

None of the Walmarts in this state stock Ultra (would have to ship from walmart.com and walmart.com doesn't have any of the more designer Ultra blends).

Plus walmart doesn't carry any of the Euro grades either.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

Just need a little bit of patience. They have sales often when one of the brands is on special. And if they don't have a sale, then Advance Auto or Pep Boys has a sale, in which case Autozone will price match it.

When I bought Pennzoil Euro at an auto part store earlier this year, it ended up being about $3/qt due to all the sales that were going on.

True, i did clear an autozone shelf of pen plat at $1.00 a quart about 2 years ago. And some ultra at $2.00.
I have not seen any deals like this lately.

Last edited:
I used to work for said retailer. People very seldom bought individual quarts of synthetic oils. If they were buying one or two quarts, it was almost always the cheapest conventional brand we had. QS, Mobil Super or house label stuff to top off their beater/burner/leaker.

As for syns, Mobil 1 was the best seller and it was almost always in the form of the jug and filter deal for about $35.

Occasionally we'd get obnoxious rednecks buying the $45.99 jugs of Royal Purple.

Keep in mind the big chain parts stores cater to folks who have older cars and don't want to spend much to keep them running. Most of the hard parts is Chinese made junk.

Originally Posted By: maximus
I used to work for said retailer. People very seldom bought individual quarts of synthetic oils. If they were buying one or two quarts, it was almost always the cheapest conventional brand we had. QS, Mobil Super or house label stuff to top off their beater/burner/leaker.

As for syns, Mobil 1 was the best seller and it was almost always in the form of the jug and filter deal for about $35.

Occasionally we'd get obnoxious rednecks buying the $45.99 jugs of Royal Purple.

Keep in mind the big chain parts stores cater to folks who have older cars and don't want to spend much to keep them running. Most of the hard parts is Chinese made junk.

This is exactly what I figured, wondering how they can keep all that expensive oil stocked and not selling. Judging by the age of some of the bottles, it's been sitting there a while. I wonder if I spoke to a manager if they'd want to move some of it for cheaper? or is it not even worth asking?

Too funny. That fits the RP fan-boys who show up on this site.

my Menards has QS Horsepower synthetic from 2007,wouldn`t discount it.they told me people still buy it.

ooo clear bottles!
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

ooo clear bottles!
banana2.gif

Local O'Reillys has 5 qts of Q Horsepower that still has $5.99 on them. I tried to beat em up on it. They won't budge so I laugh and walk away. They have been sitting in the same spot of the same clearance shelf for at least three years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: ExMachina

Just because someone doesn't like the same brand oil as another person doesn't mean they are a "redneck". One could make a lot of "stereo types" about this site as a whole if they wanted.

If they want to pay $45 for a jug of RP that is their business. If they like the product enough to keep buying it, obviously they feel it is worth it. That shouldn't really concern anyone else. 5qt jugs of RP are cheaper than individual quarts of any synthetic at parts houses when you compare retail to retail.

Last edited:

What do we call people that buy $71 jugs of Pennzoil Ultra in Canada, addle brained?

Originally Posted By: Garak

What do we call people that buy $71 jugs of Pennzoil Ultra in Canada, addle brained?

Economically disadvantaged.

I'll admit, I've never tried any RP products but I did see 5 qt jugs of RP 0w-20 at Walmart for around $21.00

Originally Posted By: Joenpb
I got 6 quarts of Pennzoil Ultra Platinum shipped to my door for $49 on Amazon. Just a fyi.

Yeah, on Walmart.com I can get 10 qts (2 x 5 qt jugs) of PUP for $55.94 including shipping.
smile.gif

On sale and considering you get a premium filter in a bundle, there isn't much difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back