Total quartz 0w20 any opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new Impreza specs 0w20. I saw a 12 pack of total 0w20 on amazon for 55 dollars with free shipping. The price is competitive. Their website indicates it is formulated for Asian vehicles that require 0w20. If I am to follow the subaru recommended 6k drain intervals, any oil should suffice. Other than being a European oil (french), l do not know much about them.

Is there any reason to not use this oil?

To me, the biggest reason to not use it is that you can avoid the uncertainty with a known brand for the same price per quart. That Total Quartz is $4.58/qt, or $22.90 for 5 quarts (like you bought it in a jug). That's the same price for a number of known 0W-20s at Wal-mart.

Total is one of the world's biggest oil companies. If the price and the method of shopping suits you, go for it. But of course, as is already mentioned, there are plenty of deals available locally.

Valvoline 0w20 works very well in our Subaru fb25 after trying the big 3 of M1, QSUD and VSP. Wife is averaging an amazing 32mpg with an AWD forester MT6. I get a disappointing 25 on the rogue cvt with 5w30 whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back