G-05 in a 2005 Nissan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently acquired a 2005 Nissan Altima with 35k miles,
I still has the ff of Nissan green coolant, which I want to change out before winter.
I have 2 gallons of Zerex G-05 which I would like to use in it.
Should I use the G-05 or spring for the Nissan Green?

The G05 will work beautifully... But you will need to get all the Nissan green out... I recommend a bunch of drain and fills with Distilled water and a few minutes of idling with the thermostat removed in between each drain to circulate the water with coolant.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Don't forget to set heater to max to flush the heater core too.

Myth. Your heat is controlled by the vent doors in your heater/coolant box. Turning the heat to max actuates the vacuum driven doors in the ventilation system, it doesn't open a valve to your heater core. Heat on high or low, the coolant flow through the core is the same.

There are cheap and available compatible chemistries from Zerex, Pentosin (Pentofrost), or (I think, you can check) Toyota LLC from CarQuest cheap or a fair-priced dealer.

Way easier to use the same chemistry and not cause precipitate with the amount that got trapped in the heater core.

There are affordable ways to match the Nissan Green w/o the hi-jinx of trying complete purging.

Multiple flushing is no problem for me. I've flushed 3 cars in the last 3 years.
All I wanted to know, is other people opinions on using G-05 in a 10 year old Nissan. I have 2 gallons available to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back