Why do T6 gallons not have batch/date markings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do Rotella T6 5w-40 gallons not have batch/date markings on the jug, when the quarts do?

Looked at two different stores. Gallons in both didn't have markings, but quarts did.

???

Rotella are second-guessing market expectations..

People who buy quart bottles are ever topping up ere and then, or adding to the stash. The stashers need to know how old it is so they can put it in age order with their other quarts, using the older ones first and the you get ones later.

The gallon buyers are most likely doing a change that day or that weekend, they don't need to know about rotation as they'll most likely fill and forget.

I started in college and then smoked for 20 years. Gave it up cold turkey when I was about 40 (am now 67) and felt so much better. Ten years ago I had to have quad bypass surgery and the surgeon asked me beforehand if I smoked. When I said I had quit 17 years ago, he said, "Good! I will not waste my time doing heart surgery on a smoker."

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
???
Mispost Boomer?

I think that post was intended for the thread where the guy hasn't had a ciggy for 30 days.

Originally Posted By: thescreensavers
I noticed that also, IIRC they had date/Batch codes on them a few months ago.

So....if true, then it would be safe to assume that anything without markings should be recent production.

Well, I'm running this in a 2008 Honda Goldwing. Less than half of what I was paying for Amsoil. We'll see how it lasts over time.

It is on the BOTTOM of gallon jugs.

Black ink, quite small. Sometimes it is printed where the bottom of the jug sits on the shelf, and it gets rubbed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back