Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W-20 Motor Oil- Feel Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it on sale at Wally World online for $18.74 (5qts)
XG2 Fram for under $7, Free shipping.

The question............ You guys dig the "feel me" sticker on the bottle ?
smile.gif

I have not seen the "feel me" bottles at my local Wally World.
Are you going to post a UOA? I am curious about the product.

The feel me? I'm not feeling it.
What in the world were they comparing their oil to? To get those striated marks on the surface like that, you'd have to use canola oil with sand in it.

They were doing an "artist's impression" of what their product did in the Sequence IV versus the sequence IV limits.

Silly advertising, but it seems to work with people (not on this site).

Yes I will in the near future

Originally Posted By: The_Captain
I have not seen the "feel me" bottles at my local Wally World.
Are you going to post a UOA? I am curious about the product.

I think the engines were file fitted
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: ExMachina
What in the world were they comparing their oil to? To get those striated marks on the surface like that, you'd have to use canola oil with sand in it.

Originally Posted By: ExMachina

I agree, so gimmicky lol

Is that a new sale? The WMarts around here had GTX Magnatec for $20 and GTX HM blend at $18 last week.

The 'feel me' sticker is lame. I scratched and sniffed. I'm not sure what I was really expecting.

Shipping to home

Item Qty Price Total

Castrol GTX Magnatec 5W-20 Motor Oil, 5 qt 2 $18.74 $37.48

Arrives by Thu., Jul 30

Shipping to home

Item Qty Price Total

FRAM XG2 Ultra Synthetic Oil Filter 1 $6.89 $6.89

Arrives by Fri., Jul 31

Originally Posted By: car51
The Magnatec is $18.73 for the synblend and full syn

LOL- I was going to try that too
smile.gif

I will say their bottles are a 1000X better than Super Techs!

Originally Posted By: bvance554
The 'feel me' sticker is lame. I scratched and sniffed. I'm not sure what I was really expecting.

I like Castrol products but their advertising has been cosistently stupid and aimed at the ignorant masses for decades. Seems to work for them though.

I hate Magnatec bottles for that. 'Without Magnatec' - shows a surface, god knows where in an engine it's meant to be, that is worse than if you filled your sump with pure sand.
Surprised they can get away with it because it is a complete lie and advertizing gimmick

I think since they claim its a 500X picture
But that said they would do better without that.
I do like the oil however.

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93
I hate Magnatec bottles for that. 'Without Magnatec' - shows a surface, god knows where in an engine it's meant to be, that is worse than if you filled your sump with pure sand.
Surprised they can get away with it because it is a complete lie and advertizing gimmick

Originally Posted By: 19jacobob93

You can turn the bottles around, and see what they are advertising...

IMG_20150317_071101.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back