2014 Charger SRT-8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Wow, 5 pages and no one said you should have bought a Camry/Accord?? What's wrong with this place lately?

All of the eco-weenies, sour grapers,"sensible adults", and hand-wringing bedwetters must be on hiatus.
Thankfully.

Originally Posted By: MCompact
Wow, 5 pages and no one said you should have bought a Camry/Accord?? What's wrong with this place lately?

All of the eco-weenies, sour grapers,"sensible adults", and hand-wringing bedwetters must be on hiatus.
Thankfully.

You can say that again.

I can say in all honesty that when buying vehicles now I look for a hemi. The mds ones sip fuel and mash the loud pedal for a good heart pump. Best of all worlds.
I don't ride rice nor am I interested in driving rice.
I buy and drive what pleases me. It's an appliance bought to serve my needs and wants. If I want to drive 160mph my charger cruises there beautifully and I don't even need to turn up the radio.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

You can say that again.

I can say in all honesty that when buying vehicles now I look for a hemi. The mds ones sip fuel and mash the loud pedal for a good heart pump. Best of all worlds.
I buy and drive what pleases me. It's an appliance bought to serve my needs and wants. If I want to drive 160mph my charger cruises there beautifully and I don't even need to turn up the radio.

I like just about any car that is entertaining and engaging to drive, which means I'm the cross-shopper from [censored]. The cars I'm currently considering include a CPO BMW 335is, a Challenger R/T Plus Shaker(an automatic, even!), a 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package, a Camaro SS1LE, a 370Z NISMO, and a Subaru WRX STI- and I may yet wait to see how the Focus RS turns out.

Thankfully.

Car buying to me is financial and emotional. This one makes no financial sense however incredible emotional sense.

From a 100% jealous mindset.....you suck!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: madRiver

Thankfully.

Car buying to me is financial and emotional. This one makes no financial sense however incredible emotional sense.
How does this make no financial sense? He got $20,000 off sticker price and $20,000 for trade in on his BMW, he's probably out of pocket only $10,000 for a very rare car. According to Auto Trader there's only 6 for sale in the U.S., add on the work the BMW needed and what it may need in the future he's probably better off financially with a brand new car that has a warranty than he would be with a 14 year old BMW.

The cars I'm currently considering include a CPO BMW 335is, a Challenger R/T Plus Shaker(an automatic, even!), a 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package, a Camaro SS1LE, a 370Z NISMO, and a Subaru WRX STI- and I may yet wait to see how the Focus RS turns out.

2016 Camaro is shrinking in size slightly, should perform better with that lower mass, and gets modified Cadillac ATS suspension components for one bad-rearend ride!
That's the one to get.
2016-Chevrolet-Camaro-side.jpg

Last edited:
About the Chrsyler LX-LC platform: When is Chrysler going to ditch this Americanized Mercedes, the 'bone' it got tossed from Dieter Zetsche 10 years ago? Nice car, but long in the tooth, if it had teeth. Time to improve yet?

Thankfully.

Put a pickup bed on this thing and the witch hunt will be on.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994

Thankfully.

How does this make no financial sense? He got $20,000 off sticker price and $20,000 for trade in on his BMW, he's probably out of pocket only $10,000 for a very rare car. According to Auto Trader there's only 6 for sale in the U.S., add on the work the BMW needed and what it may need in the future he's probably better off financially with a brand new car that has a warranty than he would be with a 14 year old BMW.

I got 12 for trade on the BMW (which was what I was looking for, similar vintage and mileage is worth 14-15 without the repairs mine needed) plus the 20K off sticker.

And yes, I had a list of things that were coming up that needed addressing on the BMW in the near future that includes but is not limited to:

-New driveshaft
-New headlight adjusters
-New evap solenoid (cheap, but a PITA to replace)
-Oil pan kick solenoid (leaking oil, this just started)
-Both front tie-rod ends
-Front brakes
-New rear tires
-Rust repair along the bottom of the passenger side front door and rear door seam
-Variable assist steering sensor
-New thermostat
-Strut bearing

And then of course whatever else it was going to need in the next 12 months. It will probably need a suspension refresh at some point, though at least all the bushings were in excellent condition as were all the mounts (tranny, motor).

I figured at the price I paid for this, with warranty, that I'll actually be spending less money in the next 24 months than I would be putting into the BMW.

You definitely made a great choice. The repair for all those items isn't like fixing a Corolla, it's a BMW, lots of money. Which is the reason I'm getting rid of the VW.

What was also pretty cool was this car came with several thousand dollars worth of options including:

- Driver confidence group: Blind-spot Monitoring, Rear Cross Path detection, approach lamps

- Adaptive Cruise Group: Adaptive cruise control and Forward Collision Warning

- Harman Kardon Audio Group (19 speakers and greenedge amp)

- Illuminated "Charger" brushed stainless door sills

- Power sunroof

Which, because it was being blown out, I paid nothing for
grin.gif

Geez Overkill, rub it in LOL! If you ever need someone to just take it off your hands for you, just let me know haha.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Geez Overkill, rub it in LOL! If you ever need someone to just take it off your hands for you, just let me know haha.

LOL!!! Just was in the right place at the right time and asked the right person (the owner) the right questions. I was very surprised at what he was able to do for me to get me out the door in it, and since there was no salesman involved, there was no commission or anything as part of it either, which I'm sure helped in enabling him to give me it at the price he did.

He always brings in some very nicely optioned "demo" cars and trucks for the showroom as the idea of course is to show people the features that are available in hopes of an up-sell on what they end up buying. This was, as noted in the OP, one of those cars, which was why it has all the stuff it does.

Logic in the same vein is taken with bringing in cars like the Hellcat, Viper and the SRT-8 Challengers and Chargers that will draw people in to gawk at them and ultimately may result in a sale of something more in-line with their budget. I see this all the time, that's why the Ford dealer had a BOSS 302 and GT500 in the showroom for example. The Lindsay dealer had a Ford GT for quite some time, same purpose. People want to see it, and that has the potential to start a dialogue and get somebody into a new car.

What was the manufacture date on it? Battery life might not be very good if it's been on the lot a long time, although you guys in Canada get long life out of batteries compared to us in hot Arizona, you're extremely lucky to get 3 years here.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

You can say that again.

I like just about any car that is entertaining and engaging to drive, which means I'm the cross-shopper from [censored]. The cars I'm currently considering include a CPO BMW 335is, a Challenger R/T Plus Shaker(an automatic, even!), a 2015 Mustang GT Performance Package, a Camaro SS1LE, a 370Z NISMO, and a Subaru WRX STI- and I may yet wait to see how the Focus RS turns out.

Now that is a very cool list of cars to be looking at.
I'm impressed with the focus ecoboost. 330hp is definitely the definition of hot hatch.
Keep us informed would ya how they test drive and handle if you don't mind.

Thankfully.

And you obviously don't have a clue what your talking about.

The bimmer needed work,which doesn't come cheap. Then he got 20k off just cause plus the trade in on the bimmer.
I would bet my house the out the door cost on the charger wasn't much more than the cost to fix the bimmer.
Might even be less.

So do tell. Considering the money the bimmer needed to get up to snuff and the actual out the door cost for the charger basically he got a brand new car for the cost of fixing a 15 year old bimmer.

I don't know what you consider smart choices however this one works out stellar in both the economic view and the emotional one.
Total no brainer.
Heck he could sell it tomorrow and put 40k in his pocket.

Wow, this is wild - you and I both replaced beloved cars! Mine is far more, um, benign...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back