Trivia, feel free to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rocky Mountain locust (Melanoplus spretus) is an extinct locust species that ranged through the western half of the United States and some western portions of Canada until the end of the 19th century. Sightings often placed their swarms in numbers far larger than any other species of locust, with one famed sighting estimated at 198,000 square miles (510,000 km2) in size (greater than the area of California), weighing 27.5 million tons, and consisting of some 12.5 trillion insects – the greatest concentration of animals ever speculatively guessed, according to Guinness World Records.[1]

Less than 30 years later, the species was apparently extinct. The last recorded sighting of a live specimen was in 1902 in southern Canada. Because a creature so ubiquitous was not expected to become extinct, very few samples were ever collected (though a few preserved remains have been found in Grasshopper Glacier, Montana). North America is the only continent without a major locust species, apart from Antarctica.

Hmmn, That time is concurrent with the wiping out of the buffalo and the plains that supported them. The passenger Pigeon too.

Zyklon B, infamous for being the agent used to kill Jews (and others) at Auschwitz-Birkenau, was a commercial insecticide. It is still available as Cyanosil from Detia Degesch.

The liver of the polar bear contains enough Vitamin A to make it toxic to humans.

Bio-diesel isn't new. Rudolf Diesel used vegetable oil to run one of his engines as early as 1900.

Haagen Daz Ice Cream,invented by Rueben and Rose Mattus, Bronx USA

Mattus invented the "Danish-sounding" "Häagen-Dazs" as a tribute to Denmark's exemplary treatment of its Jews during the Second World War, and included an outline map of Denmark on early labels. The name is not Danish, which has neither an umlaut nor a digraph zs, nor did the name have any meaning in any language before its creation. Mattus felt that Denmark was known for its dairy products and had a positive image in the United States. His daughter Doris Hurley reported in the 1999 PBS documentary An Ice Cream Show that her father sat at the kitchen table for hours saying nonsensical words until he came up with a combination he liked. The reason he chose this method was so that the name would be unique and original.

Norway and Sweden kind of scare me. Denmark and Finland seem like good and happy places.

Pretty sad when science and medicine are not held high.

Egas Moniz apparently won a Nobel Prize for his lobotomy. He would hammer a stake through the eye of a 'patient' to get to he brain. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish, but the Nobel is held in high esteem, is it not.

Also, what is with shocking people? Take a look at Faces of Death series ( if you dont mind looking behind the scenes) and see this 'patient' who the Medical staff were claiming to be helping shocked this guy, he flipped out and took a screwdriver to someone's neck (I think), and is now, or was, a felon. Poor guy. You get beat and beat on....cant take it anymore, retaliate, and are now a criminal.

The real criminals, IMO or IME, work on the 'inside' and know how to use the law for the opposite of its apparent purpose......tell a sensible lie and may be honored for committing a horror.

Maybe that is what happened to Adolf Hitler! I thought he was an alright guy and was just misguided. Maybe by his advisors or a bad thought. That is, until I saw him and Mussolini laughing whilst riding in/on a convertible. Mussolini seemed far more evil, by viewing photographs, than Hitler. Who knows, maybe Eva Braun or Benito put him up to some criminal activity. He could have been a pawn.

If you made it this far, I will gladly share a bit of information with ya.......Delano's term was year for year with the Holocaust.....33-45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back