Pennzoil fans? Here's the selection at my Autozone

Status
Not open for further replies.
These pics were taken an hour ago, I find them quite interesting and nice to see some older bottles. The prices are a bit scary though.

129aaa671167e417d7fd8ee208897c98.jpg

8fd1e859077ef372ae01e02b2ecc077b.jpg

Originally Posted By: car51
Ok this is going to sound odd: I never knew PU EURO Was available in 5w30.

I've seen it on paper, but never on a store shelf, so that is new for me as well.

OP - nice selection, but those prices are high. I guess you need to wait for a sale.

Autozones are king of the old-stock !!!
I saw they had Pennz Platinum one time that was 8 years old, a bottle that featured the spacecraft picture on the front for the Penzanne:
syn10w30.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: car51
Ok this is going to sound odd: I never knew PU EURO Was available in 5w30.

I've seen it on paper, but never on a store shelf, so that is new for me as well.

OP - nice selection, but those prices are high. I guess you need to wait for a sale.

That euro 5w-30 is not LL-01, so not likely the same oil supplied to BMW dealerships these days (bye-bye Castrol). Its AV which stands for Audi-Volkswagen, still decent.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I'll have to check out mt local AZ this evening.

Bring a 5 gallon bucket full of money with you.

Originally Posted By: Wampahoofus
I'm familiar with Ultra Euro L 5W-30...have never heard of Euro AV 5W-30 before.

Euro L carries MB and BMW diesel specs while AV carries VW specs. They're both low SAPS ACEA C3 oils though.

The L actually exceeds the AV when you look at the specs that it meets. I don't know why SOPUS had to come out with this AV oil specifically, other than they cut some deal with VAG and as a result had to have an VAG specific offering. Gotta love marketing...

I wonder how they sell any at the $8:99 and $9.49 prices. I know some people don't care for wal mart and i get that, but to pay double when a 5 quart jug is $25-$27? How do they sell any at those prices?

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I wonder how they sell any at the $8:99 and $9.49 prices. I know some people don't care for wal mart and i get that, but to pay double when a 5 quart jug is $25-$27? How do they sell any at those prices?

I was wondering the same thing.. It's too bad really, if any of this was priced decently I'd buy a ton and make a nice stash..

Originally Posted By: jdavis
I was wondering the same thing.. It's too bad really, if any of this was priced decently I'd buy a ton and make a nice stash..

Just need a little bit of patience. They have sales often when one of the brands is on special. And if they don't have a sale, then Advance Auto or Pep Boys has a sale, in which case Autozone will price match it.

When I bought Pennzoil Euro at an auto part store earlier this year, it ended up being about $3/qt due to all the sales that were going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back