PL24651 cut open, on vehicle 2 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
This came off a 2001 Explorer. The mileage was 7,300 miles and oil in the vehicle was two years in length. The oil used was G Oil 5w-30. Filter looks a little rough and this vehicle sees short trips. The owner is looking at getting another vehicle so he didn't want to waste money on an oil change. Problem is it is taking longer finding what he wants than expected.

Last edited:
Too wavy for my liking. I think that contributes to the tearing. The inside of the can looks like someone spat their chaw into it. I am assuming you nicked the meatal plate.

Last edited:
Collapse-O-Lator

Was that tear in the end cap potting material already there? I assume the end cap fell with no real force, or did you pry it off and cause the tear in the potting material?

Haha! Thanks FutureDoc for the laugh
wink.gif

The end cap fell right off. Surprised me when it did since I was holding it by that end cap. Seeing it was on the vehicle for two years, how far back are the filters tearing?

Originally Posted By: Rat407
The end cap fell right off. Surprised me when it did since I was holding it by that end cap. Seeing it was on the vehicle for two years, how far back are the filters tearing?

Look Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back