It's 1992- Which of these do you choose and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toyota Camry:
1992-toyota-camry.jpg

Honda Accord:
honda_accord_1_1992.jpg

Nissan Maxima:
92809111990108-480.jpg

I always had a soft spot for that body style Accord, but the Maxima could be had with a V6 and manual trans, so that's probably what I would go with. It could do 0-60 in 6.6 seconds, which was impressive for a family sedan in 1992.

Camry was a boat.

Of your listed options the maxima. Liked the looks and power trans options better. But I would rather have a 1992 Audi s4

I learned to drive in a Camry identical to that. Built like tanks.

A neat feature of that generation Camry that most people did not know about, was that if you drove in reverse about 15 mph and shift to Drive and floor it at the same time, you can roast the front tires. In a 4 cylinder with ~130 hp.

19.gif

I had a '90 Acura Legend at the time, and remember thinking "man, the Accord is the best deal here". Maxima was great, Camry suffered from bad handling-steering.

I love Maximas (except for the 6th gen), but the Accord was available as a wagon, so that's probably what I would get. And I'm a fan of Honda interiors.

Camry. 2.2. Stick.

Those accords had captured rotors

As much as I liked the maxima the Camry is as close to a hilux as a car will get

[censored] its '92 I'd get a bronco, or an f150 with a straight six, or a wrangler or whatever.

If it had to be a passenger car the Taurus of that gen was rock solid as well. I'd get one of those with the 2.5 Hsc engine and a stick just to be different

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I always had a soft spot for that body style Accord, but the Maxima could be had with a V6 and manual trans, so that's probably what I would go with. It could do 0-60 in 6.6 seconds, which was impressive for a family sedan in 1992.

Camry was a boat.

The Camry was also available with V6 and a stick back then. They dropped it in 94
frown.gif

My choice would be the Camry

What gets me is these 1992 cars were 6 to 12 inches shorter, 3 inches lower and 3 inches narrower but had more leg room and head room than their counter parts today.

Camry I think, that and the Honda are the bulletproof years IIRC.

Jeep Grand Cherokee had a stick that year, so outside-the-box that's my pick.

None of the above. In 1992 I actually did buy a new(to me) car- a 1988 one owner M6 with only 36k miles on it:

1988%20M6_zps8eqzhjr8.jpg

I paid only @$4,500 more than the MSRP of a new Camry XLE. My only regret is that I sold it in 1995.

If forced to choose from the three, I guess I'd unenthusiastically go with the Maxima

Accord. Because of styling, durability and the fact that they are built about 25 miles from my home.

Maxima, because I was always a Nissan guy back in the day when they actually built awesome cars. Those cars were just as solid as the others and were super sporty as well.

I'd have loved a 92 SE 5 speed back in the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back