Energy Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
greetings:

i did some searching last night and was unable to find an msds for this product. it does not mean it does not exist, i just could not find it on the www. in this day and age of safety, it rings a bell for me. how can doctors or emergency rooms treat people who may ingest said formula with out knowing what is in it and how to proceed.

that having been said i still keep an open mind, until i can find out what is in it, but it is likely like most other addy's just some base oils with a minute something or other "proprietary" thingy that is so minute that is has no effect.

as far as the temperature drop, this happens every winter on my vehicles here in the midwest. the colder the temperature the harder it is for vehicle to get up to operating temperature. too many variables come into play here.

i also encountered several threads on the www where there was the possibility of the chlorine that was mentioned my molakule.

in the end if it makes you feel good about using it, then so be it.
no offense or ill will meant.

good day.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
greetings:

i did some searching last night and was unable to find an msds for this product. it does not mean it does not exist, i just could not find it on the www. in this day and age of safety, it rings a bell for me. how can doctors or emergency rooms treat people who may ingest said formula with out knowing what is in it and how to proceed.

that having been said i still keep an open mind, until i can find out what is in it, but it is likely like most other addy's just some base oils with a minute something or other "proprietary" thingy that is so minute that is has no effect.

as far as the temperature drop, this happens every winter on my vehicles here in the midwest. the colder the temperature the harder it is for vehicle to get up to operating temperature. too many variables come into play here.

i also encountered several threads on the www where there was the possibility of the chlorine that was mentioned my molakule.

in the end if it makes you feel good about using it, then so be it.
no offense or ill will meant.

good day.

I have pulled in the mountains several times in the winter, a diesel will lose water temp so I am used to seeing that drop. The driving condition when I experienced the water temp drop is on a 10 mile plus down hill where the engine is in lower gear spinning at 3 to 5000 rpm slowing truck and trailer. This is after a climb to the pass where trans temp climbs to over 200 degrees. Look I do not know how the stuff works but the claim in their literature seems to be correct from what I have experienced. I just want to make sure I am in the right forum on oil additives not a general forum trying to sell an elixir and linking to a website where you can purchase said miracle product directly from me. Just checking.

I have pulled a the head off a 2-stoke snowmobile engine to see if there were any signs of the product. The combustion chamber has a shinny gold brown sheen that covered the entire area. There was a few, maybe 2 spots in each cylinder about the size of a dime with the same golden sheen. ER states that it bonds to areas where heat is present. Well running it through a 2-stoke there is going to be plenty of heat in combustion chamber. The pistons did not have the sheen but where really hard to read any wash or carbon build up to determine if air fuel mixture is correct.

Last edited:
released to the atmosphere and not back into engine.

i don't doubt that lewis9 is seeing the temp drop, i'm just not convinced it's coming specifically from the addy.

to many other variables, especially with the cold and the jake brake as mentioned.

what if this trip you were going into the head wind and on the next trip the wind was behind you during the descent?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: John_Conrad
released to the atmosphere and not back into engine.

i don't doubt that lewis9 is seeing the temp drop, i'm just not convinced it's coming specifically from the addy.

to many other variables, especially with the cold and the jake brake as mentioned.

what if this trip you were going into the head wind and on the next trip the wind was behind you during the descent?
Released how? The engine cooling system absorbs the heat of compression braking.

Only through consistent, research-grade double-blind testing would someone be able to prove these product's effectiveness.

But then again, why (would they)? Afterall: isn't word-of-mouth sufficient to sell a product on NA soil? That's why there's so many unproven products out on the shelf waiting...

Some simply waiting-n-waiting, others sell like hot-cakes (simply because they claimed to be so since the early dawn of the 20th century)

Q.

Jake brake? You guys bust my balls as some kind of experts and you call down shifting on a gas engine a J-brake? Engine is spinning freely with no throttle being applied as there is no excessive heat in combustion chamber only friction from spinning engine. In theory if a truck is moving at 40 miles an hour in 15 degrees and coolant is moving through the radiator, still got me, less heat is being generated because of less friction and idling engine is not adding heat to coolant enough to maintain 195 degrees. Just a theory, I guess this winter head up into the mountains with your vehicle when the temp is 10degrees and see if you can get your temp to drop while in lower gear coming down for sustained downhill of 10 miles.

Originally Posted By: Lewis9
Jake brake? You guys bust my balls as some kind of experts and you call down shifting on a gas engine a J-brake? Engine is spinning freely with no throttle being applied as there is no excessive heat in combustion chamber only friction from spinning engine. In theory if a truck is moving at 40 miles an hour in 15 degrees and coolant is moving through the radiator, still got me, less heat is being generated because of less friction and idling engine is not adding heat to coolant enough to maintain 195 degrees. Just a theory, I guess this winter head up into the mountains with your vehicle when the temp is 10degrees and see if you can get your temp to drop while in lower gear coming down for sustained downhill of 10 miles.

Nobody is busting anybody's anything, but it is like Quest said. We had a long discussion in another thread about the percentage of heat generated through frictional losses as compared to the heat of combustion (even at idle). The problem is that it is already low (especially in the bearings), and if an additive is proposing to somehow reduce it, the overall proposed decrease in heat generated is exceedingly small. That is the problem. You should look it up, calculate it yourself and see.

Originally Posted By: Lewis9

I have a ScanGauge 2, so I'm always looking at my coolant temperature.

My engine temperature always decreases when going down a hill in gear - even a short fairly short hill (say, 1/4 mile). And it doesn't have to be 15 degrees out; 70 will do it. And I've never used EnergyRelease (or even heard of it before this thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back