W10 Tech-Preview Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few months back I dwnld'd an ISO file and installed build 10041 on an old Dell B130 LT to see if it would actually work. Amazingly, it did. Problem is this LT doesn't have a battery and it's rarely on. I booted it today and attempted to find how to update it.

W10 did find several updates, but it hasn't dwnld'd any yet. It's also not activated. I don't recall signing up for any MS account at the time either.

So I'm wondering if this is the end for this build. If it will phone home and dwnld the listed updates automatically or if it's Tango Uniform and frozen in time.

Suggestions?

set the build preview to "fast" in the update section..
wait about 8 hours.. boom new version should be available.

Those may not be the exact words but you should see it in the update settings page

Last edited:
Update: Unfortunately it turned itself off during the night. I restarted it this morning, checked the power settings (there is no battery installed)so we'll see if it remains awake today.

Update: No joy on this build "self-updating". The machine has been on for a couple of dsya now with no change. I did find mention that if the HD was reformated prior to installation, it won't activate nor self-update. Odd that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back