which filter passes the largest particles?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kuato
Wasn't the Toyota rated at around 50%? Trying to find the reference.....

edit:
Found it, here you go:

EAO_efficiency_900.jpg

g

Good find, Toyota should do

Originally Posted By: Pontual
Wire mesh

I'll pay that...and one of those great big anodised machined aluminium cans would look great.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Fram Ultra.

I gather you are joking as I thought Fram Ultra filters caught the finest particles.

Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
I think the verdicts Still out on that^^^^^

No the verdict is not out on that Fram Ultra filters are over 99% efficient at 20 microns and 80% @5 microns. Whether you believe that is your choice.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: Bigdaddyeasy
I think the verdicts Still out on that^^^^^

No the verdict is not out on that Fram Ultra filters are over 99% efficient at 20 microns and 80% @5 microns. Whether you believe that is your choice.

The Fram Ultra better be that efficient. Look at the double layer synthetic mess of media it has. No wonder it can trap more/smaller particles, it uses depth filtering. Name me any other oil filter that uses double layer synth media with that thickness. In techie terms: Stuff gets snagged in there more-er.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Pontual
Wire mesh

I'll pay that...and one of those great big anodised machined aluminium cans would look great.

Wouldn't?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Originally Posted By: turtlevette
I want a filter that will pass thru the metallic particles in restore. I think the STP I have on it is one of the freer flowing ones.

I just want to catch the large chunks.

Why bother?

Restore won't restore your engine.

But to answer your question, I'd use a FRAM OCOD with a hanging oil pressure relief (bypass) valve.
ROF!

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
Is this really a known issue? It's hard for me to believe that Restore would get caught by any filter. Pretty hard to believe they would make an engine treatment that got removed by an engine oil filter. Not that it will work anyway.
It has been claimed that PTFE "treatments" would clump and be trapped in filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back