Ac Delco filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do yall think of ac filters? Usually run purolator but tried an ac this time..98 chevy k1500 with a tired 4.3

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
AC is OEM for GM, so it should be no problem. Probably about the same quality as Purolator.

There are many pictures of them cut open on this website. They have a nice construction and look to be better made than most standard white can Purolator filters, from what I have seen.

I run them on all GM cars, and have one on my Chrysler too. Bought one to put on my Kohler mower too. They offer a good quality at a good price. Can't beat em.

Originally Posted By: jdawg89
....Usually run purolator but tried an ac this time.....

Well, at least thats some improvement, going from bad to not-as-bad.
Lots of people buy oil filters because of the color of the can, not for actual performance.
If they did buy for real performance, more Fram Ultras and ToughGuards would be sold.

If the AC Delco was an ecore, I would use something else. Just my preference.

If you buy Delco check them closely. I ordered a non ecore part number from Amazon as a add on for an order and they sent me an ecore. Reading the reviews it seems they are doing it with a lot of their part numbers. Most people don't know or care about the difference. I will use the ecores with no problem on my old car but the new one gets the better one. I am not sure what AC Delco's plans are but if they are trying to replace their filters with ecores I will stick with Wix. I ordered a PF46 but got a PF46E(ecore). Off to O'Reillys for a Wix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back