Do NOT buy the Wix closeout on Rock Auto

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't real Wix filters. They are Prime Choice, made in China, at least in the 51315.

I had expected something like Carquest Blue when it said "Private Label Package", and they did advertise it as Wix, and not Auto Extra or Pro-Tec.

I'll have another thread with pics later, but for now I just wanted to warn everybody to stay away from the Wix closeout.

I also bought Hastings and M1, and they're fine.

Does the packaging indicate that it was manufactured by Affinia?

I have bought a number of Wix products that were manufactured in China.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
They aren't real Wix filters. They are Prime Choice, made in China, at least in the 51315.

I had expected something like Carquest Blue when it said "Private Label Package", and they did advertise it as Wix, and not Auto Extra or Pro-Tec.

I'll have another thread with pics later, but for now I just wanted to warn everybody to stay away from the Wix closeout.

I also bought Hastings and M1, and they're fine.

Originally Posted By: drtyler
Does the packaging indicate that it was manufactured by Affinia?

I have bought a number of Wix products that were manufactured in China.

No. It does not indicate being made by Affinia or Dana.

The inside valve and base plate don't look like Wix, either.

Happened to me too. Promised a wix, got a purolator. The private brand switched manufacturers at some point, apparently, and the old stock was a different maker than rockauto believed.

Just let Rock Auto know and they will take care of you. They have very good customer service.

I ordered a Bando Private Label belt and got an Autoparts International one. Still looks good quality in thickness and finishes and the packaging is in the same red black white style. However I can already tell my mechanic will give me a yelling on buying cheap stuff with non matching brands (happened once before already).

It's not worth getting garbage to save a few dollars.

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
The ones I ordered were Parts Master made by Affinia

What part number?

67060 Parts Master. All the different Wix made filters for my truck have 60 at the end. They do have a Affinia tag on them also, and have the Wix plate with inlet their inlet holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Just let Rock Auto know and they will take care of you. They have very good customer service.

Yeah, they have great customer service, but I doubt they'd do anything in this case since it's only a $1.39 filter and they did say private label. And how would they know?

Originally Posted By: robo339
They have 30 day warranty on private label/wholesale and you can return them no problem

Yeah, but the return shipping is more than the cost of the filter! And I already cut it anyway.

While i do shop parts on rock auto, and am happy most of the time. I do not like the closeouts. Never seems to be a quality item.

Thought I'd look a little closer at the topic so went to RA to look up said application.

The RA listing show the Wix application and a pic. Below it is drop down toggle menu box. One says private label, one 'regular listing' application. There is no 'separate' pic of the private label application, price only.

What I would surmise from this result is that just because the private label item is listed under a specific application on RA, one can't automatically conclude it is the same, similar, or even related to the specific application listing, in this case Wix.

Caveat Emptor.

They probably list it that way if they can't figure out another way to list these filters, since they don't use their own part numbers and just copy someone else's.

Most jobber filters do have their own part numbers and their own listing in RA's catalog, like Service Chimp (listed as Champion Labs brand, OF5230) and even CQ Red. The CQ Red was listed as Wix for the brand, but had the CQ part number and its own entry (R85348)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back