the kind of 10W-40 HDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.
as subject,

since in my place (indonesia), there is big tight different price between 5w40 and 10w40 in PCMO and HDEO, and for now i am still using PCMO - Q8 Excell diesel 5w40. next i am gonna use 10w40 HDEO and for the consideration i already search and find Q8 T800 10w40. could anyone tell me the criteria of HDEO oil? like the type of API, ACEA and many more. and how about Q8 T800 10w40 , is it HDEO?
also i need the suggestion of 10w40 HDEO oil, no matter the place, if it is possible, maybe i can find it here.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Can you use a 15w-14 it seems the most common viscosity.
oil with 15w is too thick in cold condition, and i still need good accelaration in first start.

Originally Posted By: nyumski
oil with 15w is too thick in cold condition, and i still need good accelaration in first start.
How cold does it get there. I'll bet the manual for your engine has a listing of oil requirements for your climate.

Never heard of 15W-14
10W40 has become the most common viscosity on the MB228.5 HDEO list, and is also prevalent on the 228.3 list. Note where the OP lives (a common failing on this forum), don't look at things from your parochial point of view.
To nyumski - yes in Indonesia 10W40 would be more than good on startup, it never ever gets cold enough in your country to justify 5W40. There are many variations of HDEO, dependant especially on whether it is for a "clean diesel" or not; and additional differences between subtypes.

Charlie

If you're wondering about ACEA and API specs of an HDEO, you'd be looking at a CJ-4 for the latest API specifications (with CH-4 and CI-4 and CI-4+ being somewhat recent). CJ-4 is the big one if you've got ULSD. For ACEA stuff, you'll be looking at E specifications. There also are JASO specifications, but I'm not as familiar with them.

This link has some basic descriptions and even a beta search tool that you might find useful.

thx guys for the review
i forgot to tell my car specs, mine is 2kd-ftv engine. catalytic converter blocked, no DPF and EGR still function ( since sulphur is main issue in my place, im gonna delete EGR asap)

Originally Posted By: nyumski
thx guys for the review
i forgot to tell my car specs, mine is 2kd-ftv engine. catalytic converter blocked,

What do you mean? If no DPF and converter is removed you can use CI4 oil or ACEA
E7. If EGR also blocked or removed, you can use ACEA E5 or CH4 oil.

Charlie

Ok so use q8 t800..in sweden.
Its a HDEO ci4 and also gasrated:
Q8 T 800 10W-40 CI-4/SL E7/E5/E3
B4/B3/A3
VDS-3 228.3
M3275 VI RLD-2 Type 2 ECF-1
ECF-2
Cummins 20071/72/76,/77/78
Mack EO-N, Deutz DQC III-10, Global DHD-1

I use this oil in all my fourstrokes, diesel Agricultural tractor, diesel excavator, Dodge gas v8, houndai 1 litre gas Engine, lawnmover, snowblower, atv etc...
Its cheap and it has Always worked good for me, my temps ranges from -25c to 30c.
It Cleans a lot so it gets black quickly and when its drain time it comes out looking just like it Went in if it werent pitch black. Its rather dark from the start.
Use it without hesitation.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ac_tc
Ok so use q8 t800..in sweden.
Its a HDEO ci4 and also gasrated:
Q8 T 800 10W-40 CI-4/SL E7/E5/E3
B4/B3/A3
VDS-3 228.3
M3275 VI RLD-2 Type 2 ECF-1
ECF-2
Cummins 20071/72/76,/77/78
Mack EO-N, Deutz DQC III-10, Global DHD-1

I use this oil in all my fourstrokes, diesel Agricultural tractor, diesel excavator, Dodge gas v8, houndai 1 litre gas Engine, lawnmover, snowblower, atv etc...
Its cheap and it has Always worked good for me, my temps ranges from -25c to 30c.
It Cleans a lot so it gets black quickly and when its drain time it comes out looking just like it Went in if it werent pitch black. Its rather dark from the start.
Use it without hesitation.

yup oke, thx for your review on your vehicle, have you ever done the lab test?

actually for how long u use that oil? can it be at least 10000 kilometers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back