Snow - woke up to this today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
What a stupid place to put an air intake, particularly on a vehicle such as that.

Please explain your comment, sounds like you are not familiar with the snorkel or its purpose.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I didn't think it snowed anywhere in Australia. Kind of like Texas where they just don't go anywhere till the snow melts.
Below 20F here in Michigan is when I put on my long johns.

Same here in Iowa.

How about 3 feet verses 3"?

But right now it is hot and humid. I want to go back to Kansas.
cry.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Olas
Originally Posted By: used_0il
By the look of the road and sidewalk, I'll guess -3C.
And 75mm is 3" in USA.

It doesn't matter where you are, 76.6mm is 3"

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Kuato
What a stupid place to put an air intake, particularly on a vehicle such as that.

Please explain your comment, sounds like you are not familiar with the snorkel or its purpose.

I think Whitewolf is commenting on the original location

IMG_20150719_145924.jpg

Looking up, between the left front tyre and the bullbar

It sounds like he was talking about the OEM location, not the snorkel. Which I will agree, is silly to put down low on a vehicle intended to travel off-road.

Originally Posted By: sciphi

It sounds like he was talking about the OEM location, not the snorkel. Which I will agree, is silly to put down low on a vehicle intended to travel off-road.

That is correct, I'm sorry if my comment was not clear enough to say what I really meant.

Originally Posted By: sciphi

That is correct, I'm sorry if my comment was not clear enough to say what I really meant.

Ah, ok thanks.

Shannow !! What are you doing man ??

Don't show them pictures of snow and suburbia. They think every time we go for a drive it's like a scene out of a Mad Max movie. Crossbows at the ready.

Next you will tell them we have a legal system with a judge and jury. Remember mate, it's a Thunderdome. Two men enter, one man leaves.

Move along everybody, nothing to see here.
Just a mistake post…….they were pictures of errrrr….Europe !! From my Aunt's holiday to the old country.

Move along……..nothing to see…..

You !! Young Fella !! Stop looking at me, pull your trousers up - I can see your underwear, turn your baseball cap around - the peak goes to the front, and keep walking.

Move along now

Originally Posted By: SR5
Shannow !! What are you doing man ??

Don't show them pictures of snow and suburbia. They think every time we go for a drive it's like a scene out of a Mad Max movie. Crossbows at the ready.

Sorry, here's a better one of a different morning...
IMG_1606.jpg

I think that the dust in my first series had been bleached.

How do people deal with snow on the road down there?

Here it seems 1" is enough to send 4wd trucks into the nearest ditch or power pole.

We don't cope with snow at all.

I had to use 4wd to pull away from the kerb (2WD had me sliding into the kerb), and at the end of the street, the very tight LSD had me plough understeering...gave up going to work until mid morning.

But our roads and infrastructure aren't built for it in any way shape or form.

Roads between neighbouring towns are closed 4-5 times a year for what's only a couple inches of snow, they can occasionally put down salt, and less occasionally use a grader (great as long as the operator remembers where the silent cops are in the road.

I see pictures of locomotive deep snow with a track carved out of it in some places and am amazed (primarily at why you would live in a place like that)

Originally Posted By: hansj3
At 20° I still go out side in a t shirt. Not for long, but long enough to start the car and let the dogs poop

depends how much wind there is...

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Olas
Originally Posted By: used_0il
By the look of the road and sidewalk, I'll guess -3C.
And 75mm is 3" in USA.

It doesn't matter where you are, 76.6mm is 3"

thumbsup2.gif

Not here, it's 76.2mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back