Replacement oil filter seals ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some old stock Blue PureOnes off eBay in like 2010. The gaskets were sort of dry rotted. I emailed the seller about it and he somehow talked to Purolator and they mailed him 4 new gaskets for the filters and he mailed them to me. Was pretty quick...don't know what happened to them they used to be good.

Anyways, i did one time get new gaskets!

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Blind fold can come off once the filter is seated. Or, you can calibrate your wrist for 2/3 to 3/4 turn.
grin.gif

I once tried a torque wrench set to 100 inch pounds and that overloaded the seal too.
bewildered.gif

Originally Posted By: berniedd
No need to keep track of how much the filter has moved. Just turn it hand tight, and you're done.

That's my whole problem - my hand tight is too tight for that filter seal. I'm never satisfied until I can't turn it no more. And then if my hand starts to slip, I look for ways to gain a better grip so I can turn it even tighter. I need to see an oil filter psychiatrist.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Found them! Dorman makes them, they are in every auto parts stores in the HELP! section. Who knew?
I happened to be on NAPA's site today looking for something else and for the heck of it, found them here as well. Using my Dakota as an example, a replacement gasket would be $3.69 -- for that price you'd probably be better off getting a Proselect filter ($3.49) and scavenging the seal from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back