VW Steering Rack Closeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed a new rack for a Beetle so i was looking at remans and then checked out OE VW.
A new OE rack is almost $1100 but the picture on the bottom shows another rack for $239.
I called the vw dealer to see what the story is, is this a reman or what?

No its brand new VW/ZF OE. What is is is VW is overstocked with this part and wants to blow them out. It fits Beetle, Jetta and Golf up to the mid 2000 years from what he could tell.
I ordered it, it came to the dealer in 1 day at that price, there are 20 or so at the NJ warehouse.
It fits perfectly and works like a brand new one should.

http://parts.vw.com/parts/1999/Volkswage...ection=STEERING

I just looked its up to $299 now, if you have one of these cars and are planning on keeping it grab one, if you don’t use it ebay the thing for a profit, it is an $1100 part.

If I were keeping the Beetle I'd pick one up since I believe it has some play in it but I'm selling it soon. Thanks for posting.

Wow, nice find. Note the P and K at the end of the part numbers. I wonder if there's a particular meaning, or if one is just a supersession of the other. I'm not too familiar with VW parts.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Wow, nice find. Note the P and K at the end of the part numbers. I wonder if there's a particular meaning, or if one is just a supersession of the other. I'm not too familiar with VW parts.

The VW parts guy called VW parts central and didn't get much info, they suspect they were made for the city cars sold in Canada (i have no idea what that is).
Whatever it is it is ZF, new not rebuilt and it fits and works great and cheaper than a lousy rebuild.

This rack may also fit the Audi A4, TT.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

The VW parts guy called VW parts central and didn't get much info, they suspect they were made for the city cars sold in Canada (i have no idea what that is).
Whatever it is it is ZF, new not rebuilt and it fits and works great and cheaper than a lousy rebuild.

This rack may also fit the Audi A4, TT.

The City Golf was a MKIV Golf that was sold at the same time the MKV Golf was sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back