PHM or Castrol HM for Cavalier? So

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the girlfriend has a 98' 2 dr Cavalier. I am thinking of grabbing some Castrol HM or Pennzoil HM for it. Dixon a few minor leaks and then should be ok. Has 98.7k on it. Thanks in advance

Andrew

I told a friend once to use Pennzoil HM on a car that leaked oil. Didn't help it one bit. He started adding Valvoline Maxlife which eventually helped a little but it still leaked.

Well after being at Wal Mart; the girlfriend decided on some GTX HM for $16.97. A recent UOA of it looks good also. Since I was stuck with her there(she's indecisive). I grabbed the last 2 jugs of EDGE 5w20 as they were $22.97, M1 was $23.88

Originally Posted By: car51
Well after being at Wal Mart; the girlfriend decided on some GTX HM for $16.97. A recent UOA of it looks good also. Since I was stuck with her there(she's indecisive). I grabbed the last 2 jugs of EDGE 5w20 as they were $22.97, M1 was $23.88

Good choice! She has good taste ;^) I'm a Castrol fan as well.

I think Castrol claims that their HM promotes cleaner emissions components.

This and " #1 high mileage motor oil!" It said near top part of the jug.

BikeWhisperer: they had PHM but only in 5w20 and 10w30/40 ;(

Slacktide: Castrol HM was cheaper by $1

Then Castrol it is
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back