2014 Charger SRT-8

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Long story short, I had considered trading the bimmer in on an SRT Charger last year but the amount they offered for the BMW was not sufficient so I declined and the deal never happened.

Fast forward to yesterday, the dealership has had this car for about a year now, in the showroom, and nobody has bought it. They now owned the car and were looking to get rid of it as soon as possible. I was told by one of the guys to make some inquiries as they might be able to make me a very good deal.

I e-mailed the owner last night and told him about the last time I had this sort of discussion with his sales manager on the value of the trade for the bimmer and that being the obstacle. I was in there this morning for something else and he approached me and asked me to come see him.

$20,000 off sticker plus what I was looking for on the trade for the bimmer. Car is brand new, had 12Km's on it, it has never left the showroom. This is the first new car I've ever bought.

ChargerSRT801.jpg

ChargerSRT802.jpg

ChargerSRT803.jpg

Am pretty bloody happy with it so far!
grin.gif

Very good deal! Congrats! Love that seat color and not a bad combo with the external color!

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Keep your M power, you would be crazy to get rid of M5 for a Dodge.

Already done, I have the Charger in the driveway right now. My wife has our other Charger with her out east, I'm really quite fond of these cars and they are generally quite reliable.

I'm not a huge Dodge nut or anything, in fact I've never owned a Chrysler product prior to our '06 Charger, but it has impressed the socks off of us and that's what piqued my interest in an SRT version.

The Charger and Challenger are, IMHO, the best cars in the Dodge lineup. That doesn't mean that I'm necessary a fan of their other products (though I generally like their trucks) but these ones are solid, as is the new-gen HEMI engine.

Originally Posted By: silverrat
It's the end of an era! Someone go rescue that M5 now...

Considering there's only ONE on the Auto Trader right now, yeah..... They are getting less common for sure. It'll be up for sale shortly I assume.

Will do. BTW, this is the same tranny as in our other Charger, the NAG-1 (W5A580), which is a Mercedes box and one I REALLY like. It has MDS and VCT as well, so it shouldn't be awful on gas when babied.

It has a bit more power than the M5 at 470HP/470Lb-ft, but isn't of course anywhere near as wild as the Hellcat.

Another convert

Not that I had a bimmer or anything but one test drive in my charger and I was sold.
They grow on you in such a way that when you aren't driving it you wish you were.
And 20k for the bimmer on trade is awesome. Heck if you've got payments they are minimal for what is the best dollar for dollar street car built.
And the fact that it gets the groceries,kids to soccer etc as well as gives you a great heart pump when they aren't in the car makes the charger a great value.
Good for you overkill. I'm sure you'll find new reasons to drive places and new excuses why you need to go somewhere

Originally Posted By: Ram01
Sweet ride and congrats on your purchase . Does this vehicle come with the ZF 8sp auto ???

No, that was new for 2015. This car has the Mercedes NAG-1, which we have in our 2006 and is a tranny I'm very fond of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back