Windows 10 may have just gone "gold"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool. I just got my new home built desktop running on 7 Pro, I need to get the computers in the house that are on 8 updated to 10 when it comes out.

Originally Posted By: Leo99
What happened to Windows 9?

It was skipped, just like 5 and 6 (kinda), LOL
smile.gif
(XP was 5.1, 2K was 5.0). Instead we got "Vista" (6.0) which wasn't quite 7, but was of the same family.

Microsoft doesn't seem to stay consistent with their naming scheme, just like how we jumped from 3.11 to 95
grin.gif

What's the deal with it? They seem to be putting it down my throat a bit too energetically

An urban legend reads that sloppy software asks

"what windows version are you?"
If the OS responds "Win 95 or Win 98", eg "Win 9x" the software treats it like its old and trashy.

If it just read the first digit as 9, it'd be trouble.

Now I want my Dexron 4.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: eljefino
An urban legend reads that sloppy software asks

"what windows version are you?"
If the OS responds "Win 95 or Win 98", eg "Win 9x" the software treats it like its old and trashy.

If it just read the first digit as 9, it'd be trouble.

Now I want my Dexron 4.
wink.gif

Try finding DEXRON-V.

I've had the pingpong table with an astigmatism in the bottom right for quite a while, and my hard drive has been filling up.

Got a message today that my netbook isn't supported (Atom)...

So where to from now, and how do I get the pingpong table gone and my disk space back ?

They officially launch it tomorrow. I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I was planning on trying it on a laptop. I created an image of the HDD in the event I have problems, but something is telling me to wait.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
error.jpg

From the looks of that window, I am guessing it currently runs Windows 7, possibly the Starter version? Not surprised that the Atom isn't supported, but that still sucks
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
They officially launch it tomorrow. I'm going to take a wait and see approach. I was planning on trying it on a laptop. I created an image of the HDD in the event I have problems, but something is telling me to wait.

I am going to take an 11 month wait & see. Let everyone else work all the bugs out first. I didn't reserve my copy yet either. I don't want them to download me a early version right now. I'd rather wait eleven months for a fresher download with less bugs, then install the latest version in eleven months.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I am going to take an 11 month wait & see. Let everyone else work all the bugs out first. I didn't reserve my copy yet either. I don't want them to download me a early version right now. I'd rather wait eleven months for a fresher download with less bugs, then install the latest version in eleven months.

I was thinking late fall early winter, when I have more time to fool around with it. I do have that image to revert back to if I'm not happy with it, but waiting might be the way to go.

I have yet to try my free issue.
Why?
I am put off a bit. I assemble my own computers and last time Win8 turned into a free 8.1 upgrade. So I had a hardware issue, and I wanted to use the computer software to reload and it would no longer accept the Win 8 disk.

So now if I use the free upgrade to W10 and if I have an issue I have no W10 disk....... That's why I'm hesitant.

Software is where I have issues. I'm sure you can make an ISO copy but its not so easy as it appears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back