Review: 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T 392

Status
Not open for further replies.
The car is too big for my liking. However, I'm glad Chrysler builds this beast as there are far too many lame vehicles on the road.

Great looking car
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: horse123
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Great looking car
thumbsup2.gif

funny

I'm betting if you were to put a poll on this board regarding the appearance of the car being appealing that you would be buried in a landslide in favour of the opinion I hold versus your own.

Now THAT is funny.

Great looking car
thumbsup2.gif

funny

I'm betting if you were to put a poll on this board regarding the appearance of the car being appealing that you would be buried in a landslide in favour of the opinion I hold versus your own.

Now THAT is funny.

HOW IN HE F DID I MISS YOU GOT A 2014 CHARGER? NICE!

Great looking car
thumbsup2.gif

funny

Now THAT is funny.

Well it's to be expected, the average age of users on this forum is probably about 50.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Great looking car
thumbsup2.gif

funny

Now THAT is funny.

HOW IN HE F DID I MISS YOU GOT A 2014 CHARGER? NICE!

Thanks! It was only a few hours ago, so it's OK, hahahha
grin.gif

Great looking car
thumbsup2.gif

funny

Now THAT is funny.

Well it's to be expected, the average age of users on this forum is probably about 50.

Probably. I'm on the "young" end at 35. It is a site dedicated to folks with obsessions and compulsions about motor oil, that's not the type of thing that usually draws in a young crowd.

The Charger and Challenger do nothing for me. They are just so big, and they somehow manage the trick of feeling even bigger than they are. I had a rental Charger for about a week and I've never driven a car that felt bigger - the seating position, tiny windows, huge overhangs, etc all conspired to make me feel like I was piloting a boat instead of driving a car. My dad's old DeVille felt more manageable.

Originally Posted By: R2d2
Totally impractical for me, but sexy as [censored].

Why would you say that? It would easily get 25+ Mpg on highway with 8sp, has a huge trunk, tons of room in it. Only negative would be a 2 door but not much else.

Easily one of them most comfortable cars to drive. Plus plunk down for a maxcare lifetime bumper to bumper and what is not to like.

If you dont like the 2 dr, get a Charger.

Originally Posted By: VNTS
Originally Posted By: R2d2
Totally impractical for me, but sexy as [censored].

Why would you say that? It would easily get 25+ Mpg on highway with 8sp, has a huge trunk, tons of room in it. Only negative would be a 2 door but not much else.

Easily one of them most comfortable cars to drive. Plus plunk down for a maxcare lifetime bumper to bumper and what is not to like.

If you dont like the 2 dr, get a Charger.

You hit both reasons on the head, and the new Charger looks wise is a step back looks wise IMO.

Last edited:
Ahhh, the beauty of choices.

I love the Charger. It is an extremely satisfying car to drive, I seriously doubt the rental agencies are renting R/T's!

It also sells like hotcakes, so somebody likes it. Pretty practical too...

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Ahhh, the beauty of choices.

I love the Charger. It is an extremely satisfying car to drive, I seriously doubt the rental agencies are renting R/T's!

It also sells like hotcakes, so somebody likes it. Pretty practical too...

Couldn't agree more.

As most here know I'm a mustang guy. However when buying a few years ago I needed a 4 door.
I test drove a charger rt and refused to give it back. I love mustangs however mds makes the car capable of 25mpg easily and I routinely get a few mpg better than that. It's satisfying to drive and hauls groceries wonderfully.
To get the performance these cars achieve you have to look at euro sleds which cost more to service and purchase and I must admit I like how it looks.
And mods are relatively easy. Tuning is figured out. Boost is proven reliable at 500 hp.
What's not to like.
Find me something that compares for the money and I'll give it a shot. At the time o was buying and for the money I wanted to spend the rt charger was in a league of its own.
And still is in my opinion.

Originally Posted By: greenjp
The Charger and Challenger do nothing for me. They are just so big, and they somehow manage the trick of feeling even bigger than they are. I had a rental Charger for about a week and I've never driven a car that felt bigger - the seating position, tiny windows, huge overhangs, etc all conspired to make me feel like I was piloting a boat instead of driving a car. My dad's old DeVille felt more manageable.

They are definitely big, and the new ones are even bigger (though visibility is better). We now have a 2014 and a 2006 and the 2014 has much better visibility and feels more "open" than the 2006 but they are both very large cars.

If you drive an R/T, you'll find out that despite its bulk, they are actually surprisingly nimble and handle quite well. The SRT's are even better. I've had a base V6 loaner before and since they are decontented and generally have little rims and tall/narrow tires as well as squishy suspension they are far less confidence inspiring in being tossed around than the higher tier siblings.

Of course if you simply dislike large cars, that's all going to not mean much. My M5 wasn't a small car either, and actually scaled 100lbs heavier than our '06 Charger. I grew up with large cars, we had several wagons (Caprice and Olds '88) along with the Town Car and then we got into the Expeditions. I always found small cars cramped, loud, buzzy and tinny. When my buddy bought a Corolla S a few years ago, it reinforced those earlier impressions.

But that's the great thing about the market, we have choices, so for those that don't like these larger sedans, there are plenty of smaller options that are also nice
smile.gif

I'm an older guy (54) who really likes the styling of the CHallenger and Charger. I too would like to completely retire at 59 1/2 (am semi-retired now, which means I work part-time LOL), so no new 'spensive cars for me either. I did compromise with a used 2010 V-6 Challenger a few years ago. It's a nice, roomy car with a fairly big trunk. I have also hauled two passengers besides me for short trips and it's ok. For two, it's an excellent car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back