Hydraulic jack fluid question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Changing I have no input on.
Checking the level at least annually seems to be a good idea since I've recently encountered 3 which were low to the point of in operation. Kira

I've owned this same floor jack since the 90's. Never added, changed the fluid or cleaned it apparently. Got it at Sams Club.

m8gz82.jpg

Some people never check or change the fluid. On my current 3 ton jack, I've never checked or changed the oil. It's still working fine. On my cheap 2 ton garbage jack, I've changed the fluid on it once.

Never check or change. Just top up if it gets low enough to notice a change in operation. Its not a critical function as I WILL NOT go under a car supported only by the jack.

I have a thirty some year old Craftsman 2 ton very similar to jack shown and have changed the oil maybe five times. These jacks are much better to anything being made today and repair kits for the cylinder are available. Tell that old jack how much you like it once in a while and treat it to new oil/grease the wheels and apply a light spray grease or oil to the pivot points. With a little care, that jack can make it through the century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back