Moving from Missouri to Florida next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am moving from Missouri (about 30 minutes from St.Louis) to Sarasota-Bradenton FL, anybody from the area and will the year around heat drive me crazy, how is the area, recommendations for changing OCI in my old Camry, Insurance rates, I'd love to hear about anything from someone who knows the area, Thanks!

No emission inspection.
smile.gif
Don't get stuck buying expensive CARB emission parts for your car. The "49 state" version of injection parts will keep it running fine. Be aware of a Florida contractor trick of taking a deposit for work to be done, doing the demo, and then never returning.

Last edited:
If you're very close to the beach, the breeze from the ocean should make the heat/humidity more bearable.

I lived in FL for a number of years, and honestly, the weather is just something that you get used to. And there are days in the midwest here when heat and humidity feel just as bad as in Florida. Granted, there are more of those days in FL.
smile.gif

Enjoy!

Your biggest problem will be getting a drivers license. If you don't have a passport, you will need your birth certificate. For women, if married, make sure you have a marriage certificate with your new name. I'd divorced and remarried, you will need divorce papers and new marriage certificate. Once talked with a woman who had been married four times and she told me that she still was waiting for copies from out of state.

Also need utility bills with your name and address.

Need other things also.

Check with the license department to find out exactly what you will need.

All stems from the patriot act.

Not easy to get a drivers license anymore and that's not even counting the problems of getting an out of state car registered.

No state income taxes. You'll enjoy watching the sun set on the gulf as often as you desire. The weather is what it is. There are pros and cons to every climate and every area. Like someone else said, Florida gets pretty warm in the summer, but you're rewarded with three seasons of mild temperatures. In the North, it gets pretty cold in the winter, but you're rewarded with three seasons of mild temperatures. Pick your poison.

My folks have lived in the Ponte Vedra Beach area for about a year now. I just absolutely love it. We'd like to move down there in the next year or two.

Originally Posted By: ctrcbob
Your biggest problem will be getting a drivers license. If you don't have a passport, you will need your birth certificate. For women, if married, make sure you have a marriage certificate with your new name. I'd divorced and remarried, you will need divorce papers and new marriage certificate. Once talked with a woman who had been married four times and she told me that she still was waiting for copies from out of state.

Also need utility bills with your name and address.

Need other things also.

Check with the license department to find out exactly what you will need.

All stems from the patriot act.

Not easy to get a drivers license anymore and that's not even counting the problems of getting an out of state car registered.

Move to NM, you don't have to be a citizen to get a driver license...just show up and get one. Stupid but NM is run by old Mexico.
Smoky

Sarasota-Bradenton is a very nice area. The beaches and gulf are really nice with emerald green water and white sand. It's a great place for boating and fishing. I don't know much about the economy or cost of living there but it is a nice place. I don't hear much about bad crime there. As far as the weather goes it does get hot but they catch a good breeze from the Gulf. You get used to the summer heat and the nice cool weather during the other 8 months make it worthwhile. The other comments about registering cars and getting a new driver license are pretty accurate. I love living in Florida and really do not want to live anywhere else.

Originally Posted By: Schmoe
No state income taxes......but heat and humidity will be your friend.

Not as hot as Georgia. No state income taxes but they make up for it with higher sales and property tax.
Hope you have a job lined up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back