best used diesel pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine has the V10 Toureag TDI which is pretty amazing power for what it is. 550 ft-lbs of torque is nothing to sneeze at in a midsize SUV.

I think the author did some internet forum searching for his material and probably toots around in a mazda3.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: madRiver
A friend of mine has the V10 Toureag TDI which is pretty amazing power for what it is. 550 ft-lbs of torque is nothing to sneeze at in a midsize SUV.
550 ft-lbs is nothing to sneeze at in medium duty commercial truck!

Can't argue with that as I love my 6.4L, just wish it would fit in my garage.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite

The new soon to be released Nissan Titan XD has the new Cummins 5.0L V-8, and 555 ft-lbs of torque, and over 300 HP in a half ton. Towing is supposed to be over 12,000 lbs. Could be quite a package.

No way in the world any Ford diesel after 03 should be on that list. Sure there are some that were ok, but none are know for reliability, power, and mpg.

The new 6.7 PS might end up being ok, but it hasn't proven itself yet. And I doubt it ever will because of the emissions garbage.

Any non vp-44 cummins should be on it, as should any duramax newer than the LB7 engine.

That would be the bottom end of torque ratings for the class 6 medium duty commercial trucks. Many have engine choices up to 700 lb.

Originally Posted By: another Todd

The new soon to be released Nissan Titan XD has the new Cummins 5.0L V-8, and 555 ft-lbs of torque, and over 300 HP in a half ton. Towing is supposed to be over 12,000 lbs. Could be quite a package.

Seems to me that a heavy trailer is going to push a half ton pickup all over the place even if its within the rated towing capacity.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: another Todd

Seems to me that a heavy trailer is going to push a half ton pickup all over the place even if its within the rated towing capacity.

That half ton pickup is as large as many 3/4 ton pickups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back