Greasing Ford wheel bearings

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be a big thing on the super duty sites, and in fact I purchased one of those little CNC'd gizmos that fits in the ABS hole a few years back when I had an F250. Well, doing the brakes on my '11 F150 and found that this same fitting works with this truck. Popped the ABS sensor out and notices a healthy amount of tacky blue grease. Well, I figured its pretty likely a lithium grease of some type so I went ahead a gave some pumps from my grease gun (Valvoline synpower) if for no other reason than to compare lifespan between the two sides.

Any thoughts? Considering whether I want to add some grease to the other side as well or just one to compare the lifespan. Truck has 68k miles, many are highway but some are mixed including some light offroading.

Have heard of the same - considering doing it on my dad's F350. My concern would be greasing it to the point that it purges and then you've lost the seal.

My fitting wasn't terribly tight, does not snap in place and has no seal, therefore I figured if I got to that point it would start purging from my grease adaptor first. But really, its a pretty spacious volume, I did 15 pumps of my grease gun and saw no signs of over greasing.

IIRC I saw some people claiming it took their gun 30+ pumps to fill the volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back