vanline refuses to relocate my stash

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I got a new job in a different state. I have been managing an oil stash (a decent size..at least 50 quarts) then the vanline company refuses to move my oil - what to do?
I cannot change the vanline company because they are hired as a part of the company relocation package...
I figured there must be some BITOG members who have gone through a relocation with oil stash.. Please help.

Yeah...you have to load it into your own car and drive it yourself.
In my last move there was several boxes full of "stuff" the movers refused to transport.

Guns, ammo, aerosol cans, oil, gas tanks, etc.

that would be neat but I am moving from northeast to southwest thus my cars will be transported too. I am not sure about sneaking my stash in boxes because it is a full pack-and-ship service

Transport it in your own vehicle or sell the stash to your friends & neighbors. You can buy new oil where you're moving to.

Originally Posted By: 08sienna
that would be neat but I am moving from northeast to southwest thus my cars will be transported too. I am not sure about sneaking in my stash in boxes because it is a full pack-and-ship service

Maybe put the stash in your cars that get shipped?

Box it up and ship it. UPS delivers the oil I get from Amazon. It's the price one pays for being OCD about saving a buck on 5 quarts. I'm out of the two cycle OPE ownership plan, but still have some oil left. It was a "good deal".
smile.gif

so I got a new job in a different state. I have been managing an oil stash (a decent size..at least 50 quarts) then the vanline company refuses to move my oil - what to do?
I cannot change the vanline company because they are hired as a part of the company relocation package...
I figured there must be some BITOG members who have gone through a relocation with oil stash.. Please help.

Thus why my oil "stash" is on the shelves at Walmart.

Movers are not going to transport potential hazardous materials along with household goods. While your quantity may be below the reportable quantity for being declared a hazardous materials shipment, they still will not take it-the risk of it becoming an issue on the truck is too great.

A good rule of thumb is that if you can't throw it away in your regular garbage, movers won't move it. If you have time then you may be able to sell your "stash". If you don't have time then you'll be giving it away or finding an alternative method to transport your oil.

Sell it or give it away if transporting is that much trouble. A couple hundred bucks worth of something isn't worth wasting time and worry on a cross country move.

If your vehicles are being transported, you probably cannot carry your stash in your vehicles either. Auto transport carriers are generally not licensed to transport household goods. Vehicles being transported must be essentially empty. There are a few exceptions, such as car seats, that are allowed to remain.

If your vehicle carrier finds your oil stash hidden in the trunk, they will likely make you take it out before they load your vehicle.

Do the right thing and dump it in the sewer... kidding!

No idea what I would do. Probably change the oil in my car just before the trip and give away the rest.
Or if the move is still some time away, keep changing the oil in your car every week. Would be a good flush.

that would be neat but I am moving from northeast to southwest thus my cars will be transported too. I am not sure about sneaking my stash in boxes because it is a full pack-and-ship service
Put the stuff in the trunk.

Here's the plan - find a BITOGer every 100 or so miles along the route from your current home to your new home, and then all of those guys can do a relay race style transfer to get your stash back to you.
laugh.gif

It would be a good chance for members to meet each other in person, too.

Start saving all your old cereal boxes, slide a quart into each, reseal, put in a crate marked "pantry".
wink.gif

In all seriousness though the moving company is just trying to avoid the onerous haz-mat rules for placarding, drivers, insurance, etc. FWIW my homeowners insurance, I'm pretty sure, only allows 12 quarts of oil and 5 gal of gas in my garage. Jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back